Detroit Pistons & NBA Talk

we can all agree it would’ve been hilarious if I’d called this though, right

Backup backcourt just murdering them again

Cade and Ivey were good enough to win

But Burks, Hayes, Livers minutes….

Weird rotations again, but I’m also not sure that if you break Cade/Ivey/Bogey/Duren up any of those staggers can survive either

So it’s tough

Livers killing me and I’m not even a Pistons fan :weary:

Another Q1 opportunity blown by Monty. Can’t win the close ones. This one hurts.

Gotta win 45 of the next 55 to get on track and feel good about our playoff hopes!

5 Likes

Blech.

I’m like two days late on this but I just wanna add to this situational comp that at age 22:

Cade: 23.0 PPG, 7.0 APG, 4.1 RPG on the worst team the NBA has seen maybe ever

SGA: 23.7 PPG, 5.9 APG, 4.7 RPG in only 35 games on a team that went 22-50 and finished 14th in the West (same results the season following too)

The jump in team caliber happened when OKC’s best non-SGA players went from: Lu Dort, Darius Bazley, Hamidou Diallo and Theo Maledon to Josh Giddey and Jalen Williams two years later

“Last in the NBA” obviously isn’t generational losing streaks so if your point is just that the Pistons with Cade should win like 20% of their games and not 5% with this roster, I definitely agree.

But I actually see SGA as a very good example of a franchise guy not looking like a franchise guy until the FO surrounded him with pieces that fit.

Cade + Duren and blow the rest up to solely focus on things that fit them. If that still doesn’t work a year from now, then yes it’s time to consider if Cade deserves a max. But I think all signs point to “Cade is going to be a franchise guy if you don’t surround him with the worst shooting team in the league and a bench that begins with Killian Hayes and Kevin Knox”

6 Likes

That OKC team had a similar net margin on the season (probably better when Shai played). As happens when you lose 28 straight - the Pistons are both bad and a bit unlucky

The fact they went 10-16 with Shai (38%) and 12-36 without sort of makes my point. With him they were generically bad. Without him, they were specially bad

Thus the comparison

2 Likes

I love drafting dudes who shoot 16% from three!

1 Like

Report: Raptors trading O.G. to Knicks for Barrett, Quickley

1 Like

Kinda like it for everyone

1 Like

Could Quickley just definitely not play w Brunson full time in the playoffs? I get that that’s a pretty small lineup but Quickley w his age and next contract vs OG? Think I’d rather have Quickley. Certainly would if I’m the Raptors. But maybe even if I’m the Knicks.

Yeah but RJ is definitely bad for his contract and maybe in an absolute sense

The Knicks seemed to just never really want to play Quickley that much despite him being a +/- monster for his career

1 Like

One minute left, up 8. Might end the streak

And it’s no coincidence as this is one of the first times in a while where the bench actually held their own. Cade had a double double and 0 turnovers.

3 Likes

Congratulations pistons fans!

8 Likes

Time for a winning streak!

I’m kidding…though with Houston, Utah and the Warriors up next, I see a chance of getting a win.

Pistons winning lead to Lions getting absolutely screwed and Harbaugh signing an NFL tied agent. Let’s lose out this season please!

We need Killian Hayes extended minutes asap

Monty is undefeated in bounce back games after a 28 game losing streak. As a matter of fact he has the best record of any coach in history after such a streak.

2 Likes

I was also just reminded of the fact that the Knicks are actively suing the Raptors

1 Like