Detroit Pistons & NBA Talk

Lee has no left or outside shot but he can get into the paint at will. Excited to see how he develops.

He was pretty fun to watch tonight. He missed a sure poster dunk on Vucevic. Honestly, he should’ve gotten FT’s, as Vucevic put his arm right out into Saben’s chest. However, Lee did put a foot into a sensitive area so maybe that’s a push?

Lee finished with 12 points, 5 assists, 3 steals, and 4 boards. Only 1 turnover as well.

1 Like

Luke Kennard is out with an injury to the knee. I liked Luke but the Piston made the right move on him.

2 Likes

Pretty insane that the Clippers extended him before he even played a game, let alone a full, healthy season. Oh well, nice to see a different team make the bad move this time.

4 Likes

Kennard aside, the thing I didn’t understand in that move is that the Clippers already had like a half-dozen guards who aren’t markedly WORSE than Kennard (given that Paul George is basically their starting 2 right now, there isn’t much evidence they have preferred Kennard to Williams, Beverly, Reggie Jackson (another Pistons call-back), or even Terrence Mann recently). Did they really need to pay that money for their second best guard off the bench (he’s worse than Lou)? On that roster, Kennard seems like wearing a hat on top of a hat.

1 Like

Best move the Piston made was getting rid of Luke Kennard. He is soffffft and can’t guard a grade schooler. Then add to that injury prone.

They were counting on his shooting and ability to be a secondary playmaker for the team. Kennard can shoot which is not a debate but he has show flashes of being a secondary playmaker. This is why they extended his contract but it’s their problem, not the Pistons.

1 Like

Yeah, he can shoot. But don’t they have Lou Williams to play with the ball in his hands on the second unit? Reggie Jackson?

If you google “second unit ball-handler” I think Lou Williams appears.

Lou Williams isn’t a secondary creator though. He’s more of a microwave kind of guy than a creator.

Not to turn this into a Luke Kennard thread, but Lou’s career assist % is 23%, Kennard’s is 14%, and Lou has been over 30% in his LA tenure while Luke is at 11%.

1 Like

What’s up with Svi’s shooting ? He seemed like a knock down shooter last year.

His playing time has been all over the map. I think that probably has a lot to do with it.

2 Likes

Saben Lee with 21 tonight! Troy Weaver hitting on his early draft…

1 Like

And hit three threes!

1 Like

Bey had another solid night too. His shooting was so-so (4-10/2-7) but he had 8 boards, 3 assists, and 3 steals.

1 Like

And was impressed with Bey’s defense

1 Like

The Pistons are fun to watch ! Lee…looking good, great night ! Bey looked solid even with a so-so shooting night. I’m hoping Casey/Pistions can get Smith playing well.

They’re resting Jerami Grant tonight. The tank is back on!

3 Likes

You mean that there are no teams out there willing to trade any player for Blake Griffin’s contract? You couldn’t get a team to trade a dollar (cash considerations) for Blake? /s

I love how quickly the Cavs followed suit and asked Drummond to stay home also.

For the players’ sake, I do hope they are able to find a team that will sign them for a low money short term deal so they can accept a role on a contending team.