Detroit Pistons & NBA Talk

Imagine being the dumb-dumb who saw them win 2 games and was like “I’m going to bet the over on their wins for the season” :grimacing: :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

I would like Gore to fire Arn Tellum, but Gore has been an absent owner. Not sure if it’s a good thing or not.

Would appear to be bad

Yup, it depends on the FO. If they’re competent, it’s a great thing. Likewise for the opposite.

I think the only time he put his fingerprint on the franchise is the Blake Griffin trade and denying Weaver from hiring Ollie.

Was fun to watch X play for the Cruise tonight. Sadly, he still finds himself open at the 3-point line for a reason. Still an absolute pest on the defensive end.

4 Likes

What’s the deal w draft equity? Don’t we have a pick we owe the Knicks, or did we get that back this summer? It looks like another year of looking toward the draft.

The Knicks own it but it’s lottery protected so

Protection is top 18 this year
Top 13 next year
Then top 11
Then top 9
Then 2 second rounders

Weaver playing 3D chess by sucking too bad to ever convey it

1 Like

I wonder if the Pistons could get some consideration for making it Top 7 protected in 2024. Maybe something like a 2nd rounder. IDK, but think it is safe to say that it is excessively protected this year. Even when the vets come back, Pistons are off to a fast start on lottery odds.

I’m a big fan of Collier. He’s gonna be a really good one.

( :cry: )

1 Like

15 game losing skid, longest in franchise history. Welcome to rock bottom folks!

I’m afraid the bottom isn’t in sight.

Where is the next win? Will they win a game the rest of 2023?

Maybe they will win on 1/10/24 when San Antonio comes to Detroit. Memphis or Utah at home are probably their only chances remaining in 2023.

Brooklyn or Toronto might be doable (Note the word might)

Stuff happens, I have no idea which of these catches someone on a back to back, etc

1 Like

Crazy that we finished last season somewhat interesting and then we get our best player and new head coach…and now are wore than ever before. I get that they weren’t going to be very good and the injuries were impactful…but this is depressing.

1 Like

Yeah, well we know the Pistons certainly won’t luck into a win on a hot shooting night since they don’t have any shooters. And the Pistons team is worse than 97% of the league’s load management lineups.

But yes, hopefully for their sake they can steal one somewhere for whatever reason it may be.

The bummer is that Cade is still putting up pretty bad numbers

There are reasons for that obviously that are beyond his control

But another year of failing to put anything sensible around him means they still don’t know if he’s worth maxing out

At this point the Piston I’m most positive of being a GOOD player (not a big star, but a very good player) is Duren, I don’t see a way he’s not really. I’m also pretty sure that Ausar will be starter worthy, even if he remains significantly flawed. Cade and Ivey…I just don’t know anymore.

1 Like

Hard to evaluate Cade with the spacing issue. Defense do not respect the players on the floor except for Ivey and Duren. Considering Cade’s playing style, that’s a problem. It goes back to Weaver’s lack of roster building.

I don’t disagree with what you’re saying. I think I wrote 1 billion times that the most important thing they could do this year was create an environmen where they could tell what they had with Cade and Ivey, and they absolutely 100% do not have that (telling with Cade is more important as he’s a year closer to max rookie extension decision). At this point they kind of have to, but there’s no way to tell if it’s a good move at the moment. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t have concern about a guy with a 1.5:1 career assist to turnover ratio and a true shooting percentage 80 points below league average. It’s nearly impossible to tell if he’s actually good, and moreover, hard to tell, if he is good, how he is best used (should he be a Doncic-like usage monster, should he play with another higher usage ball handler, etc)

If I’m the new GM, my priority is to find 3 and D wing players and bench Ausar/Beef then evaluate from there. I’ve been harping on it yet Weaver doesn’t care for 3 and D wing players.

If you don’t think Cade should be a Doncic-like usage monster, then Isaiah Collier should be the priority in the draft and move Cade to the wing. If you think he is, finding multiple 3 and D wings becomes a priority.