Detroit Pistons & NBA Talk

Hayes hasn’t had one good shooting year. His best shooting season to date is this year, and he’s only at 39% overall and 30% from 3. Last year, he at least found a spot where he shoots well, which is on the edges of the FT-line. Everything else is still an adventure.

Like KCP did in his time in Detroit is Killian does have a few good shooting games every so often and then goes back to the norm. KCP’s overall shooting wasn’t as brutal but it wasn’t very good, either. Surrounded by good players, KCP has become a valuable role-player.

Killian, like KCP, is an above-average defender. He also is a solid passer. And, he usually doesn’t turn the ball over, which is something that Cade does a bunch. Does that equate to Killian being a solid NBA-player? Not really.

It looked like maybe Sasser was going to start cutting into Killian’s minutes but he’s cooled off. It was also expected that Morris would jump right into Killian’s role once he came back. However, now he’s out another 6-8 weeks, so that’s not happening any time soon. With Killian’s shoulder injury, Ivey has jumped back into the starting line-up and maybe that will continue. TBD. But, at least in some form, Killian’s likely to stay in the rotation for the rest of 2023 and the beginning of 2024.

I’m not talking about Killian’s shooting year as a NBA player. I’m talking about his shooting year as a prospect which is my post is about him as a prospect, not as a player.

He sucked as a shooter and is one of the worst shooters, if not the worst, shooters in the league.

1 Like

Is it important to be able to shoot and dribble and finish if you’re a pg

Ah. I don’t recall what he did in France.

The worst person you know made too many good points. Jesus.

https://twitter.com/nsitto2/status/1727086143290953949?s=46&t=xT63J_52lkdQGn9Iv4zzxg

Obviously some of it is radio guy nonsense (the second a sports talk radio guy starts talking timeouts you know it’s time to bow out)

But Gores sucks - if he’s not the least wealthy owner he has to be close and you can tell in how the org runs

Weaver wasn’t an obviously bad hire but I think has demonstrated he doesn’t warrant the job - should probably be leading a scouting department not assembling a team. I don’t love the nepotism stuff but Troy Jr is hidden in a closet somewhere with no responsibility, so whatever

Arn Tellem’s presence is a joke and his son having a position of responsibility is absurd.

3 Likes

Gores is actually reasonably wealthy for an NBA owner. Worth 7.3 billion, which puts him in the top 8 or so. He’s just absent from the franchise (has lived in LA for decades). He’s been willing to shell out big money for a flashy coaching hire 3/3 times. He’s willing to spend money, IMO. But he has made poor choices with those core organizational hires, and is absent from the day to day and thus not keeping those poor hires in check.

1 Like

Hard pass.

Seems to want to have too many cooks in the kitchen and always undermines his own GM.

It’s been a fun first half with both Cade and Jaden playing well.

Can we play another half that way?

Well, they played a good 3rd and had the lead in the 4th…and then got smoked.

2 Likes

Pacers ended game on 32-7 run by my count. Woof

Monty’s a solid coach in my book. Didn’t think the Suns failing was on him really.

They’re so young. Let’s see what they look like when some vets and shooting return.

It’s going to look like poo

This team doesn’t have shooting to return

1 Like

Sooo. Uhh. Tough game tonight.

https://twitter.com/JLEdwardsIII/status/1729330179758027194?t=-nrCDJPDxPNVWc1njsLq7A&s=19

:open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:

Or

This was very much Pistons basketball post Flip

T’was :rock: bottom.

This loss is the worst I’ve felt watching a Pistons game since our 2019 playoff series against Milwaukee

I decided to watch the 2nd half to get a feel for 2 of the worst teams in the league. That one dominated the other was eye-opening.

I’m going to the Cruise game tonight and I’m curious to see whether I think they could beat the Pistons. Of course I know the answer, but maybe it wouldn’t be a blowout?