Detroit Pistons & NBA Talk

Dude SGA is murdering them lol. He has 18 points on 13 shots in a half

(Chet is a helluva fourth guy tho)

Most of that is against Hayes from what Iā€™ve seen.

Killian has played 22 mins. Ivey and Burks have combined for 18 so far. Very cool

Is 20 points in 16 minutes better than 8 in 24

Honestly the big factor tonight is just that Cade is having a brutal one

Not watching, but wild that they have hit almost 60% of their threes and are getting smoked. Looks like Cade and Duren struggling inside the arc. And Killian inexplicably playing a ton when Ivey is hot (though his plus minus is bad).

Cade has 8 turnovers

Next jump for Cade is definitely consistency but itā€™s taking much longer than Iā€™d like (not a huge surprise given how little basketball he has actually played in two seasons)

At his best he can play Top 10 in the league superstar level. On his bad nights though, youā€™re losing the game if heā€™s your engine.

I didnā€™t track his defense tonight, with all the sports on. What I did see when I noticed him was a combined 3 for 4 shooting. It wasnā€™t impressive.

https://x.com/jack_kelly_313/status/1719311048128487592?s=46&t=SywsRwjImAPP0DFzyXGjwg

9 Likes

He gave him fits. SGA went off when Ivey was on him.

Spacing the floor!

https://www.reddit.com/r/DetroitPistons/s/cfGvvgRl8H

2 Likes

Wiseman is terrible

Watching Chet and Zion go head to head is like a cartoon.

I will not speak of this collapse. Terrible by everybody on the roster. Shaedon Sharpe is light years better than Ivey.

1 Like

I didnā€™t have a chance to watch. Just pulled up the box score so Iā€™m not sure how to take things:

• Cade: 30 points and hit some threesā€¦but took 27 shots and didnā€™t make 2s or get to the line
  • Killian: Positive +/-ā€¦and a solid 0-for-6 from the field
  • Ivey: Not a lot of minutes, not a lot of points, negative plus/minus
  • Bagley: Somehow had five turnovers from the PF spot in

How does Cade take that many 2s and we only get a total of 11 free throws?!?! Meanwhile Portland took 3x that many?

1 Like

Wiseman -16 in 5 minutes lol

I donā€™t like using +/- to evaluate individual players because it doesnā€™t say who was allowing the points and stuff

But Lol

Those refs were soft!!! Tried to have a fan kicked out late who said nothing. I was loudest person yelling at them courtside and the worst it got was ā€œgive us that call too, ref!ā€

Monty was quick with pullling guys down the stretch. Pulled Kill for Sasser and Bagley forHarris.

Final Killian Shot Defense stats:

Scoot 1-2 = 2 points
Brogdon 1-1 = 2 points
Shaedon 1-1 = 2 points
Grant 1 FT = 1 point

Total: 3-4 FG (75%), 1 FT = 7 points

Ivey did okay tonight. 3-7 (1 miss was a 70-footer at the end of a quarter) with 2 assists, a steal, and a block. It was interesting that he didnā€™t play down the stretch, when Cade was looking tired but still trying to get buckets. The 4th quarter was rough.