Detroit Pistons & NBA Talk

This Pistons team is actually fun to watch. Cade and Duren have something going. Ausar just makes good basketball plays. Ivey was really bad the first game, but really good the second game. Bringing back Bojan, getting Monte Morris to replace Killian’s minutes, and maybe have Livers for 20 games instead of Joe Harris before he gets hurt again and this team could be interesting. Not playoff level, but add in 3 shooters to the mix and it will significantly help the spacing.

it’s wonderful that i can describe all of the pistons’ last three top picks as “so cool” and mean entirely different things with each

2 Likes

Pistons have OKC tomorrow. Ausar could be guarding Williams or Giddey.

I’m happy that OKC played today.

1 Like

Ausar brings so much to the table. Good enough to force changes in the roster to fit what he can and cannot do. Either it’s Stewart becoming a volume shooter from 3 at ~36% or so at minimum, or find that guy. Either it’s Ivey at the 2 and shooting same or better from 3, or find that guy. For now, it’s probably going to be Bogey once he’s healthy. Gotta unclog the paint.

Or diversify the offense. I agree with MGL that it’s been a whole bunch of Cade/Duren P/R; let’s find something else too. More Ivey, more ball movement.

2 Likes

To be fair, if it’s Ivey it’s probably lots of P&R too, it’s what he’s done really well so far.

When Bojan was with Utah he was fine as a defender. Not someone you want on the opponent’s best scorer, but can work within a team concept defensively and put in effort.

I think it’s less whether he guards the best guy or not and more a matter of whether the best guy is big and strong. He’s always guarded guys like Lebron and Kawhi, and mostly did “fine”, or at least as fine as you can.

Love you guys. Ausar was a great pick. Love your roster. More Burks and add in Bojan and you guys start to get pretty spicy,

1 Like

If any all y’all feel like chatting on multiple platforms during the games, The Pistons Forum has a Game Thread around 82 times a year (and more, if we ever make the playoffs!). Here’s the one for tonight: https://www.detroitpistonsforum.com/forum/detroit-pistons-forum/detroit-pistons-forum-aa/616519-game-4-detroit-okc-sticks-vs-stones#post616552

Anyone can start the first thread, but if the Pistons win, we let that poster start the next one and keep going until the Pistons lose. I’m on a heater!

6 Likes

Livers would fit well with this starting lineup as a Killian replacement.

I think you’d need to replace Killian with Bojan or Monte Morris. Livers theoretically provides shooting and team defense, but has zero on ball creation. If Cade gets doubled that leaves Livers, Ausar, Stew, and Duren as the creators, which is not ideal. I would say Ivey would make sense as a replacement, but some combination of defense and shooting is keeping him out of the starting lineup already.

My first thought of playing Hayes over Burks was that they wanted another ball handler out there so they don’t force Cade to Luka it….but Cade is sort of Luka-ing it and Killian is standing outside the arc where he’s ignored by literally everyone.

This makes me think the replacement is Bogie or Livers, not Morris.

I still think it’s definitely just that Bogey is the 5th starter and they knew Ivey/Burks won’t start when he’s back so they want them working on the roles they’re going to play

I genuinely think/hope Killian will go from starting to totally out of the rotation once Bogey/Morris are back

Yeah. Is good; do more.

Morris will be the most useful returnee. A PG that doesn’t turn the ball over would help Cade more than anything.

I keep forgetting you added Morris. Should have played that over on win totals.

Morris will take time though. Never played in any exhibition games and he’s a new guy. Will help but it may take a bit more time.

Thompson is already very good on defense. Causing SGA some frustration.

1 Like