Detroit Pistons & NBA Talk

We’ll need to see Monte and Bogey healthy to see what the team can do. I just need Monty to bench Hayes and play Ivey, Burks and Morris as part of the G rotation along with Cade to maximize the wins.

1 Like

I think tonight part of that was Cade (and Ausar’s) foul trouble. Kill was the sub for that.

I think game script would have had him closer to 20 if not for that (which is still way too many!) but there was real intent to play Burks earlier and more tonight, so that’s good

1 Like

I’m imagining a beautiful world of:

Cade
Burks
Bogey
Ausar
Duren

Monte
Ivey
Stew

Off bench

1 Like

Killian shouldn’t have been the main sub for it. Ivey and Burks should’ve been the primary G for it. I’ve been frustrated at how many minutes Killian has been getting despite the evidence that he is not a playable rotational player on the roster.

Observations:
Stew was great defensively and while some worry about spacing with a Duren/Stewart frontline, they absolutely dominate the glass on both ends.
Much better effort from Ivey on defense even if he still gets hung up on screens.
Bagley has been a really good backup center.
Burks is just crafty.
Bojan and Morris coming back will be a big help.
Love the intensity defensively and Stewart punking PJ Washington.
Ausar has been pretty brutal offensively except for his shooting. Shrug emoji.

Exactly characters

Booker’s career 3-Pt. % (.357) is right around the league average most years. Don’t get me wrong, I’d still take him.

Booker is not a high volume or particularly effective 3 point shooter. Which is kind of odd considering his Hs profile. He’s primarily a midrange guy. Still someone you usually can’t leave wide open or anything but he’s not like a sharpshooter

2 Likes

That was a really nice game last night, spearheaded by tough defense. Holding a team under 100 in this Finesse Era is at least like holding a team to 90 10-15 years ago. And the Hornets shot under 38%. I think that only happened once all season with last year’s team.

I’d rather see some other guys ahead of Killian but I was curious to see how he did vs. shots. This is only one part of defense but here were last night’s results:

Players shot a combined 1-6, the 1 being a LeMelo 3. Killian did foul on 3 shots, resulting in 5 made FT’s. So, he gave up a total of 8 points. Not bad.
He also had 2 steals and blocked one of those shots.

You’re going to see Killian as long as we see Cade in foul trouble. He’s committed 11 fouls in 60 minutes which is crazy. Hayes will play fewer minutes when Morris returns.

I will not say whether Hayes is individually a good defender but I do know that his presence or lack thereof makes, over the course of his career, essentially no difference on team defense

A great way of knowing which point guards really suck is to find the ones whose defense get talked up

1 Like

I’m falling for it. I really am. I think this team’s kinda good.

2 Likes

Monty’s figuring out the minutes. Burks :chart_with_upwards_trend::chart_with_upwards_trend::chart_with_upwards_trend:, Kill :chart_with_downwards_trend::chart_with_downwards_trend::chart_with_downwards_trend:

1 Like

But way more importantly, Cade and Duren are just a deadly deadly combo

2 Likes

Omg. Ausar is incredible!

2 Likes

He’s such an awesome player. So unselfish and so smart

The bulls suck

I can choose the red pill and acknowledge this fact or I can choose the blue pill and ignore it in euphoric bliss.

4 Likes

Good stuff tonight!

Final Killian Shot Defense stats:

LaVine: 1-2 = 2 points
DeRozan: 1-1 = 2 points
White: 0-1 = 0 points

Totals: 2-4 = 4 points.

He was on White for the bulk of the game.