Detroit Pistons & NBA Talk

Bojan, Harris, Morris, Burks

Play a ton of Duren and Ausar, neither of which I think will contribute to winning next year (basically no rookies and very few 2nd year guys do)

Theyā€™ll play Killian, Wiseman, and Bagley on the 2nd unit.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1707097159731138830

Im not sure how this helps Milwaukee. Phoenix gets some more bodies.

What do you mean youā€™re not sure how this helps Milwaukee? Do you think Jrue is better than Dame? Jrue is obviously better defensively, but Dame is going to open up the floor a ton for Giannis

3 Likes

Jrue is terrific defensively. Dame canā€™t guard a traffic cone just as you said. Middleton is slowing down imo and how will Dame make them better? In the non covid year they have been averaging 55 wins per year. I just think this is more rush to judgment than actually thinking it through and putting together an overall better roster.

Although Jrue can shoot a bit, teams still pack in the defense on Giannis. You have to guard Dame basically as soon as he crosses half court and teams will be more afraid to leave him than Jrue. Giannis is going to have a lot more room to operate.

And I think Middleton slowing down is more reason to go after Dame, not less.

I also assume that a defense with the rim protection of Giannis and Lopez wonā€™t fall off that much even if the backcourt defense gets worse. We shall see though! Iā€™m excited to see how they look.

5 Likes

dude

Milwaukee hasnā€™t made a jump shot in 3 years in the playoffs, and Jrue probably the top culprit. Iā€™m pretty sure how it helps.

Amusingly Iā€™m confused how Phoenix is better - they got more bodies, but are they good? Nurkic has missed over half the games in the past 4 years and is clearly effected by injury accumulation, Allen is going to be their 3rd guard, and maybe stretched at thatā€¦Little is a solid bench Forward but will be asked to be moreā€¦Keon Johnson is awful

2 Likes

Milwaukeeā€™s defense should still be good with Lopez and Giannis on the back end.

Yeah it makes total sense why Milwaukee would do it.

The idea is likely that with Giannis you should have at minimum an above average defense. Add Brook and Bud and thatā€™s likely a good defense no matter what.

Milwaukee struggled at times scoring, especially when Middleton was hurt. Plus the idea of Giannis and Dame operating together offensively is super intriguing. Their skill sets fit together extremely well.

I love Jrue, but Dame gives them some upside that Jrue doesnā€™t. When they won their championship a couple years ago Middleton and Jrue played at levels offensively they probably wont match consistently anymore.

Plus they need to keep Giannis at all costs and Dmae should help there. He and Jrue are the same age but which player do you think will be able to age better? Probably Dame

1 Like

Holliday shot 38% from the floor and 29% from three in his Milwaukee playoff career

He was a massive problem, and one they needed to work around even when they won the title

I LOVE the guy - good player, great guy, great defender

But he was way overtaxed as even a third offensive option at the championship level

2 Likes

I think Livers is close to no longer having a career in the NBA. Itā€™s really unfortunate real good player in college but has never stayed healthy.

3 Likes

Well, that blows. At least he got three years of good salary and has been able to build a reputation of someone you want around your team.

1 Like

It could be true I guess but right now the only source is a 2000 follower account

Edit: yeah, a little more twitter research Iā€™d put this one tops at 50/50

1 Like

Sean has some connections so I think this has merit.

1 Like

Choice of hoodie isnā€™t adding credibility. The clothes make the man, right, TMD?

James Harden not at 76ers media day/camp.

Livers:

Man that sucks so bad

And Langlios is a writer for the team, who always tries to put the best spin on things. So, this isnā€™t good.