Detroit Pistons & NBA Talk

Well I knew that

1 Like

If Cade is actually healthy 23.5 is absurd. But I guess thatā€™s part of the wager

1 Like

I fully believe that heā€™ll be healthy to play the full season. He looked so good in scrimmages against Team USA and you can see players gravitated towards him for leadership.

23.5 is absurdly low for the Pistons.

1 Like

Feeling pretty good about my ā€œactually Cadeā€™s injury wasnā€™t worth that many winsā€ take tyvm Vegas

Iā€™m thinking 30 to 35 wins next season - a similar season to what Orlando had last year. A leap to the play-in in 24-25 and then the regular playoffs in 25-26.

I hate over/under win total bets, but agree 23.5 feels really low. Detroit had 17 wins last season and were actively looking to lose games to end the season. If they didnā€™t sit a bunch of players with minor injures at the end of the season Iā€™m guessing they couldā€™ve won 2-3 more games and been at 20. They had a one point loss to OKC (without SGA) in which they had these guys playing these minutes: RJ Hampton (24), Cory Joseph (33), Omoruyi (28), Killian (32), Wiseman (29).

It would be a major disappointment if a team adds back Cade, Stew, Bojan, and Burks, plus adds in playable bench guys like Monte Morris, Ausar, and Sasser, couldnā€™t hit 24 wins.

A lot of uncertainty still. The Pistons could trade Bojan, Burks (probably even Joe Harris and Monte Morris.) Thatā€™s four of your best nine players. If they keep all four your win total goes up but you could lose out on getting some longer term assets.

1 Like

They lost at least 2 games on tip-ins at the buzzer.

I donā€™t think Bojan, Burks, Morris and Harris are candidates to be moved at this point until the trade deadline.

2 Likes

Especially when the young core needs to learn how to win games so keeping the vets is necessary long-term. They canā€™t keep on losing forever.

Cade and Jalen, taking down the ā€œAā€ team:

2 Likes

did they win any games at the buzzer?

One. Saddiq made a 3 in a tie-game vs. Golden State.

https://twitter.com/DowntownDeuce/status/1691864623216030092?t=wxAY5f4toUjgHkMHR5u-dA&s=19

Still a long ways to go but i have a feeling the only thing standing in the way of a huge Cade season is health.

4 Likes

Iā€™m not worried about Cadeā€™s health tbh. He sprained his ankle and was fine after it in his rookie season. He played with a shin injury since high school and itā€™s no accident that heā€™s been the best player in Select Team USA and Rico run. I truly think he can average close to triple-dubs for the season.

A triple double? Average?

I love your pistons optimism

I think a reasonable goal is ā€œget to league average true shootingā€

2 Likes

I didnā€™t say he would average this stat line. He would average close to it.

Iā€™m not at all worried about his shooting efficiency tbh. Heā€™ll be fine

Pistons team went 4-2 in this video. (Iā€™m guessing they won a few others to get on the main court.) Cade a little loose with the ball but scoring effortlessly. Jadenā€™s shot looked good. Duren is imposing. Ausar doing Ausar things.

Moussa and Castleton sightings. Norm Powell giving everyone buckets.

3 Likes

Yeah, I was watching some of that yesterday on YouTube. Good stuff! Outside of the Pistons, Hyland and Powell were putting in work. Kinda of felt sorry for Castleton, though. He was playing hard, but just didnā€™t seem like an environment for him to thrive.

Duren really looks like a monster. Moves so effortlessly for a big he just floats.

4 Likes