Detroit Pistons & NBA Talk

What are the odds that he’s a better player than say Herb Jones?

I’d say, myself, really high?

I think he will be a defensive playmaker day 1, a better than average rebounder for his position, and a fast-break/pace menace

2 Likes

Better player right now or in year 2/3?

Better as a rookie, better in year 2

2 Likes

Hmmmm. I bet his stocks in the Summer League are pretty predictive that the D will immediately translate but I’ll still guess he’ll merely be nearly or about Herb Jones good just bc it really is that hard to be league average in your first year.

Sure but being league average at a very narrow ask is easier

Ausar is going to be able to do more than Herb I think

Like, a retreat for Ausar would be “good defender of questionable offensive value” which is basically Herb

1 Like

Herb is, what, a top 5 perimeter defender? That would be a pretty sick year 1.

1 Like

Hard to quantify that sort of thing right. He’s a good defender

I thought that was something like the consensus? The advanced stats certainly love him on that end. Maybe it’s quibbling but to me “good” and “elite” are pretty big differences. If Ausar is the latter right away with at least some offensive upside that’s really really impressive.

1 Like

Sasser putting on a show tonight.

3 Likes

A little Zavier versus Eli Brooks action too.

2 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

I was watching highlights of the summer league. You guys have potential. I didn’t realize Ausar was this good. Lots of upside there.

Keep sprinkling veteran shooters at the right time of the build and you guys are looking spicy for the future.

Holy athletes.

2 Likes

Narrator: “It happened”

2 Likes

I heard a good one: Andre Igoudala. I’d be very happy with that outcome.

1 Like

I missed the game (recorded it, though) but saw that he went off and I thought of that post.

Now, he’s at least become a Summer League Legend.

Cade listed among injury replacements among others fir Team USA.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1682056036071374848?s=46&t=SywsRwjImAPP0DFzyXGjwg
Yep

It is good to hear that Cade was actually offered a spot on the main team.

There is a rumor that Duren will be on the select team, as well.

2 Likes

It will be good for Cade and Duren to get some practices together as they’ve barely played together. Duren only got spot minutes before Cade was shut down for the season.