Detroit Pistons & NBA Talk

There’s some concern amongst the fanbase that the Pistons may be too good to stay at the bottom. Their schedule has been one of, if not the toughest in the NBA so far. Things get a little easier now. Of course, with the lottery odds being flattened out a couple of years ago, they will still probably have a pretty good chance to land a top 3 pick. However, if they miss, they could likely be picking in the usual 7-10 range.

How big a concern is the possibility of winning more and how big a concern is dropping in the draft?

I just want them to have a top 3 odd to ensure they’ll pick at top 5. They badly need superstar the worst way.

1 Like

This is not the year to fall out of the top 5. The top 5 has too much talent. It could definitely hurt the trajectory of the franchise if they win too much down the stretch. They are fun to watch, but I’d prefer them to play competitive games where they lose. The double OT loss to the Lakers last week was perfect.

Landing Cade, Suggs, Green or Kuminga could really set the Pistons up for a bright future. Gotta get one.

1 Like

I’m hoping for one of those guys too but, when I watch the games, I can’t help but root for them to win. It would be great to have one of those successful seasons where we win a good amount of games yet leap up in the lottery. It’s happened for other teams but never for us.

2 Likes

Maybe the ghost of David Stern will give us some compensation for changing those rules to help MJ out back in the summer of 1990?

The nice thing is, it doesn’t matter if we root for them to win or lose

1 Like

I can’t help but root for them to win too. But then don’t feel bad when they lose.

That being said, the only really good player on the roster right now is Grant. And sadly, playing Griffin might be the best way to lose games. I think they’ll be okay for the tank.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. I disagree on Memphis, and I think San Antonio was better before everyone else got on the international train.

Miami and Toronto definitely develop players well. Probably true in San Antonio too.

I think the pistons are hoping for bates and the frozen envelope eventually.

I have not seen a lot of Cade Cunningham but the one thing that concerns me may be his athleticism and is he great at anything.

Cade has elite leadership and intangibles. Also pretty high level IQ, vision and feel and he’s 6’8. He does little things better than most average role players for teams. Don’t see things like that often from star players. Very good team defender as well in terms of taking charges, being in the right positions in helpside and technically he’s a solid defender. Very unselfish, low ego and maintenance guy. A good not great shooter and average athlete but as a lead guard with weapons he will thrive in the NBA. Oklahoma state doesn’t have very many high level dudes for him to create for so he has to be more score first then he’s ever been this year.

1 Like

That’s pretty much me, except they’ve blown a few games in the 4th and those just frustrate me for the next 30 minutes or so, until I remember the draft-implications. It really would’ve been nice to beat the Lakers twice, too.

Plumlee drops a triple double something we all expected to see this year…

4 Likes

This team…

THIS
TEAM!

Me to the Pistons winning games: STOP IT

3 Likes

Hey, if they’re getting the job done with mostly young players, isn’t that what we want?

2 Likes

Eh. Will this specific collection of young players get them out of limbo? Not in my opinion. It’s extremely important to have a top 5 pick for this draft with such a drop off in potential after that.

3 Likes

I’m trying to figure out how he would have done this.

THANK YOU. There’s a huge group of pistons fans on Twitter calling this “the best tank ever!!!” and celebrating every win like they won a playoff game.

Every fluke win with a Mason Plumlee triple double is one step closer to Moses Moody instead of Cade Cunningham/Evan Mobley. No thank you.

5 Likes

Agree. I love to see the foundation being built with this young roster, but the NBA is a stars league and they need to get one of the potential stars in this year’s draft to take the next step forward. Last year’s draft was pretty weak so it wouldn’t have mattered so much, but there are 4-5 guys this year that have potential stardom written all over them. Imagine adding one of them to this young roster. Pistons have the chance to really set themselves up for something. Can’t blow it here

2 Likes