Detroit Pistons & NBA Talk

It amazes me every night how flawlessly the Pistons have executed the tank

1 Like

Yea, he was young for his grade. Not that it matters since he is in the pros now but people should not forget he won player of the year his senior year of high school. He has the talent and no one will work harder. Iā€™m confident he will be hitting threes at a nice rate sooner than later to expand his impact that he can have.

He was a really nice foul shooter in college and he was already showing the midrange face up in college and it looked clean and smooth.

1 Like

Kind of lost in the shuffle but Plums had what was probably his best game as a Piston. 14 points (7-10 FG), 12, rebounds, 7 assists, 3 blocks, and 2 steals.

I actually like Plumlee, I just thought it was a strange move for the current set up. he is a solid big though imo.

1 Like

So far. In the Gores era theyā€™ve never been able to keep it going for a full year.

My son and I watched Blake score 50 in Oct 2018. Itā€™s hard to see him slowing down so much.

They usually start out competitive and then fall off. Last season, they were all ready to go pure tank after Blake and Luke were shut down and they dealt Andre and Reggie but Covid took away their last 22 (I think) games. With the pace they were on, I think they wouldā€™ve only won 1 or 2 remaining games.

1 Like

So youā€™re saying that it takes some time before you get to be good at being bad?

1 Like

Josh Jackson is a nice pick up reclamation project for the Pistons. He can play athletic, skilled and long.

What are your guys thoughts on the draft. Is Cade everyoneā€™s favorite? Green?

Is it just me who thinks Kuminga is the top guy? I donā€™t see him ranked much higher than four or five in mock drafts but whenever I watch him he looks like he might be the best prospect to me.

Also Stewart got the start tonight and it looked like he did his thing in thirty minutes. Anybody watch it live?

2 Likes

As a Pistons fan, this is the order of preference for me in the draft:

1. Cade
  2. Suggs
  3. Kuminga
  4. Green
  5. Mobley

I think all 5 have the ability to be high level players so the Pistons need to execute this tank to ensure they pick in the top 3-5

3 Likes

I watched it last night and I like Stewart. Very active, decent shot, and good timing for shot blocking. Only 19, should improve.

1 Like

Do the Piston go for a guard or best player available ?

I think they need to find themselves a scorer, or at least a guy who can facilitate scoring. If Pistons get unlucky and fall out of the top 4, Iā€™d probably just take BPA and draft Mobley.

1 Like

Yup Iā€™m a fan of Stewart. Great fit in Detroit

1 Like

Cade, Kuminga then Mobley of the players Iā€™ve seen. (Havenā€™t really watched Suggs). Moses Moody maybe if they drop?

If they drop, Iā€™d be interested in Scottie Barnes

1 Like

Kuminga is like Patrick Williams, but better. Iā€™d definitely have him in the top 3

As long as they donā€™t drop from the top 5, I think theyā€™ll get a long term starter.

Stewart brings the ruckus! Heā€™s a lot of fun to watch and heā€™s working on his outside shot. He hit his first 3 earlier this week and did nail another one last night but a whistle came right before he launched it.
Last night, he also had a total Rodman-play where he blocked Sabonis and then beat everyone down the floor for a dunk. Heā€™s all hustle.

1 Like