B1G's Top Players at Each Postition

I am not saying that either of them should be on the list. I am saying Gavin Schilling should not be near it.

I would agree that Schilling shouldnā€™t be on the list. But the mere fact that he (or Mark/Mo) ā€˜couldā€™ shows how weak the 5 could be in the B1G this year, after losing Costello/Davis, Stone, Woodbury, Olah, and Hammons. My list would be Happ, Bryant, Haas, Mo, Trevor Thompsonā€¦then Finke, Dodd, Schilling.

I would say UofM could have a lot to gain from a down year for the B1G 5s, since that is usually a weakness for us.

What has mo or donnal done? Schilling is way more proven. Iā€™d say Bryant happ haas dodd maverick Morgan. I love mo and donnal but thatā€™s pure biased. Mo had 4 good games and donnal was serviceable for the most part

Mike Thorne will be a top 5 center

I like schilling a lot more than you guys apparently. I always thought he played hard, finished well and was a solid big man. Iā€™d be happy teaming him with Wagner. That is unless donnall gets mentally tougher and adds a lot of consistency. Donnall has a skill set to be a nice scoring option/ face up/ pick and pop. If I was donnall Iā€™d work on explosion non stop, so he would finish quicker and stronger with more dunks.

Donnal had a much more productive season, in basically every category (minutes played, points, fg%, 3s made, ft%, rebounds, blocks, steals, and TOs) than Schilling. And if putting freshmen on the list is fair game, and theyve never produced anything at the collegiate level, then I think projecting Mo, a player who has produced in college and the B1G, is also fair.

2 Likes

I dont remember him, did he get hurt early?

He is on Illinois and Was granted a 6th year recently. Yes he got hurt after a pretty good start to the year. He should be pretty close to a double double guy.

1 Like

Donnal had those 2 games where he broke out for 25 against Maryland and 26 at Illinois. Schillingā€™s career high is 14. Idk about ā€œway more provenā€, they basically both get garbage buckets around the rim. Schilling much more physical but Donnal more skilled

1 Like

I see Schilling as a no skill guy who is foul prone. He does have athletic ability.