Aubrey Dawkins: Most improved?

@mgobluehoops23: Interesting take with Irvin at the two rather than the three. I know he really kind of found a groove there late in the year, but I also wonder if those new skills could translate to the three.

I’ve always sort of just assumed that Irvin would slide back to the three, but you make a good point that Caris was better as a sophomore (when he played the three) and Zak played his best ball at the two.

I've always sort of just assumed that Irvin would slide back to the three...
Yeah; me too. This throws a whole new wrinkle into my thought process. Maybe I'll just stop thinking about it and wait and see. But getting back to Dawkins, generally you want your 5 best players (or in this case, maybe your 4 best guards/wings + best center) to start the game and it's hard to imagine that Dawkins - with what we saw and Beilein's comments yesterday - isn't one of them. It's looking like '15-'16 LeVert-Irvin-Dawkins >>>>> '12-'13 Hardaway-Stauskas-Robinson. Which is good because we don't have POY at point or a dominant big man like McGary.

With all of that being said they have such a great trio of wings that could play the wing in Zak Irvin, Caris LeVert, and Aubrey Dawkins throw in the talent of Derrick Walton Jr the experience and grit of Spike Albrecht they have such talent at the 1-4 who have proven they can play. People also tend to forget about someone like MAAR who is lost in the hype and Kam Chatman and Duncan Robinson who are out to prove those doubting them wrong. The 5 is still the issue and thats what I am most interested to see, how the 5 plays out between Doyle, Donnal, Wilson, and Wagner.

Since the end of the season, we have heard good things about Aubrey, Mo, DJ, Duncan and a few others. OTOH, we have heard nothing about Kam, Donnal and MAAR. Not sure what it means, but it’s not a particularly good sign for those 3 players.

Since the end of the season, we have heard good things about Aubrey, Mo, DJ, Duncan and a few others. OTOH, we have heard nothing about Kam, Donnal and MAAR. Not sure what it means, but it's not a particularly good sign for those 3 players.

Also interesting when you consider all of the praise we heard coming out of the summer last year about how Donnal had really shined.

Allright, this makes sense. Some are claiming he is the next stauskas, and also saying he will be in front chatman in the rotation. I get chatman had a bad year, but, you have to expect he makes a significant jump and is better than Robinson...

Why do you have to expect that from Chatman? There has been no buzz about him and he is a bad fit for this offense which is the opposite of Duncan on both counts

Also on that broadcast Beilein mentioned that Wagner gained 18lbs this summer. Vitally important if he is to see any minutes at the 5. A luxury if he plays more on the wing as a 4.

Wagner is in the process of developing his body, but he will only play this year in an emergency or if an injury necessitates it. He’s not ready to contribute yet, and it’s really difficult to see him playing before Donnal or Wilson. He’s really a four which is a jam packed position right now. He’s certainly the most obvious RS candidate on the roster right now IMO.

Just cause there’s no buzz on some of these guys doesn’t particularly worry me. I’m very confident that Maar could be a beast off the bench for us. A second unit with him and spike and possibly chatman or Robinson snd Wilson has me confident.

I’m still putting in a futures bet on us. College ball is wide open. We have so much offensive fire power it could negate our rebounding/ interior d

Also on a side note I still watch the videos of jaylen brown sometimes thinking what if.I truly believe they would have found away to meld together and win the chip. Jaylen guarding the four minutes/ playing the glen Robinson role. His recruitment burnt more than battles because I actually thought brown was coming at the end. I always knew battle would renig. Brown seemed like a Michigan kid.ill go cry now.

Still though I think if I put down a hundred I win 3400 hundred. That’s worth it as I really think we got a run in us. If Maryland is that high then were being undervalued. I am not scared of the terps and plan on beating them.