2025 Recruiting

A couple 2025s to keep an eye on. Trey Mckenney and Jayden Savoury. Both are Michigan fans to my knowledge and are highly thought of. Mckenney in particular is considered a top 10-20 prospect right now in 2025 nationally. Watched him this past weekend at a camp in Kansas and he impressed. Mckenney and his father are both extremely high on Michigan. Definitely names to track early in 2025.

4 Likes

What does 2025 mean? He is starting 9th grade?

4 Likes

Yes. Super early in the process.

Turns out Jayden’s mom works for U of M. There’s an article on him and his sister if you search his name. Jayden’s sister is only 12 and got an Ohio State offer this summer.

2 Likes
6 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Seeing “2025” aligned with “Recruiting” jars me the way the year 2000 does on the sign for legal drinking age. My AARP eligibility is arriving fast enough as is, thank you very much.

5 Likes

I can’t take this thread seriously

4 Likes

At this stage we have more posts in the 2025 thread than we do 2024 :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Are we seriously recruiting 2025?? My kid is a 2025 and he’s still trying to figure out where his classrooms are on campus. Basketball tryouts for freshmen aren’t for another several weeks. What the heck…

1 Like

Basketball recruiting is a different beast. They usually start in middle school and if you do well in travel ball circuit, you’ll get noticed by D1 programs. It’s way too early but that’s the nature of the beast

1 Like

It’s smart to at least start the relationship early with kids and their families/coaches/handlers a lot of the time. Makes them feel like they were priorities from the start. Even if a team isn’t in heavy contact early, which is usually the case because coaches can’t talk directly to recruits until after their sophomore years, it still means a lot to recruits and their people. Sometimes it’s not a factor but there are times where it certainly plays a role.

4 Likes

Coaches can talk to the recruits directly but can be in two ways. They’ll call the recruit’s coach and the player just “happens to be there” and/or the recruit calls the college coach. The college coach can’t return calls/texts/emails from underclassmen but they can make sure they answer the phone when they call.

3 Likes

This kind of nonsense (happen to be there, you can answer but not return a call) is central to NCAA’s total loss of credibility. Well deserved too. There are some possibly defensible NCAA enforcement objectives. This stuff is nowhere close to them and just exacerbates a culture of noncompliance. Bc really, what is the option?

I don’t really think it is a big issue. The intent is to protect kids from getting bombarded with calls and it does that until they are a bit older. It also still allows them to foster relationships with schools that are recruiting them through their coaches.

2 Likes

I applaud your charity. I wish I hadn’t said ‘central’, but I do think the culture of unenforceable & picayune rules is pernicious.

2 Likes

If you work picayune into a sentence appropriately, I have to like your post. That’s the rule.

1 Like

Heard Mckenney went for 45 in this game. Jerry Easter is one of the top guards in the country. He’s from Ohio.

3 Likes

I’ve heard of a boy named Sue but I’ve never heard of a boy named Merry! :rofl:

By the way, my wife is Merry, both in name and in disposition!

3 Likes