2023 NBA Playoffs Thread

It’s cool that Tyler Herro has shown up to every game dressed like a 14 year old going on his rich uncle’s yacht

Bigtime Spaulding Smails vibe

6 Likes

Bump

Characters

1 Like

Duncan taunting the crowd in game 7 of the conference finals. Look at our boy :sob:

22 Likes

I live to serve

7 Likes

Mike Smith!!!

5 Likes

Cousy Trophy and Larry Bird award getting given away to the opponent on Boston’s floor, DELICIOUS

7 Likes

HIS MAJESTY JIMOTHY GD COMMODORE BUTLERSWORTH!

(yes this is a complete sentence you weird algorithm)

2 Likes
9 Likes

Caleb (22) and Duncan (15) combined for more than double the amount of threes versus Tatum and Brown.

3 Likes

Jaylen Brown being included in that stat is the problem. 7-43???

Is Tatums 11/49 that much better

1 Like

I didn’t even look up his numbers, blinded by that 4th quarter he had

ell. em. eh. oh.

3 Likes

Wow. That was Very Necessary but definitely a game seven that re-raises all the tough questions about makeup Boston was facing in Game 4. Every Playoff team is a twisted ankle away from not great, but that was not really competitive. I really like Jalen Brown as a public figure but that was not a €200 million performance.

A lot of it is just how many zone possessions Miami plays

2 Likes

I don’t know I think it’s tough to bring the makeup thing out for the Celtics as much as I’d like to - they fought back from 3-0 down, won a game they had essentially already lost, etc

Sometimes you just lose or play badly or get beat - I’d tend to chalk last night up as one of those.

Their two highest volume scorers for the most part couldn’t hit a lake from a boat for most of the series.

1 Like

The Heat stand next to no chance against the nuggies. Butler is injured and no one on this entire roster can even hope to guard Jokic. Which leads to the topic of Bam the Bagless, literally current Moussa Diabate on offense.
It’s amazing this guy makes a living as a legitimate all star forward in the NBA when even Rudy Gobert has more moves than him lol

Bam can only dunk, put up floaters and layups, or an inshallah step back jumper 3 feet away from the basket. Jokic will feel like DPOY guarding this dude.

I feel like Bam must be doing some subtle things I’m missing. They’ve won a ton of games with him playing big minutes so he has to be doing something. Maybe it’s his ability to run those handoffs. Or he’s just a great connector.

2 Likes

He’s a good passer, and he’s probably the fulcrum of their defensive identity (switch 1-5 most of the time)

2 Likes

The ultimate sum is greater than the parts player, surely. Utterly zero offensive skill, zero size for a center, and yet…he’s good? I know he’s good, I just have no idea how gets there. *Obviously his perimeter defense and switchability is really good.

2 Likes