2023 NBA Playoffs Thread

1 Like

Joe Mazzula: “Gotta go back to the tape after that game and figure some things out.”

*inserts dvd of The Town for his millionth viewing”

7 Likes

This is like a 75% Izzo

“To their credit, they’re playing well above their means,” Celtics guard Jaylen Brown said. “They’re ballin’ right now and I’ve got to give them respect. Gabe Vincent, Martin, (Max) Strus, Duncan Robinson, guys that we should be able to keep under control are playing their (a*) off.”*

1 Like

I feel like that’s a reverse Izzo. he said they’re playing their booty off, which Izzo would never concede.

i guess “well above their means” is the bad part now that I reread. that’s def an extremely backhanded compliment. I’ll go 50% Izzo

1 Like

Yeah, he’s actually insulting them…arguably worse than “crotching a shot in”

1 Like

dude is down 3-0 and his guys are just not showing up and he’s still got this at the ready. impressive.

1 Like

At least he has his priorities straight.

I’m EXTREMELY amused at managing to give a team beating you 3-0 bulletin board material.

7 Likes

No, Izzo attributes things to luck. This is more like “we’re getting outplayed by guys we think we should beat.”

more “Guys who are bad are lucky to be outplaying us,” as I read it

1 Like

for a team that OBVIOUSLY thrives on it. just not ready for prime time. like, this team isn’t any different than the one that handled their business and just didn’t have enough creation in the Finals last year.

EDIT: Fact-checked below. Ended his Big-East career in the Big East Tourney.

2 Likes

What’s wild is that this team took the Celtics to the brink with the same guys last year!

1 Like

Love a tweet that is completely false. Kentucky ended Mizzoula’s career.

2 Likes

Not to mention that giving Jimmy Butler any bulletin board material seems…ill advised.

the Lakers will get swigatoni swept tonight

Lebron with 31 in the first half. Think they’ll survive another night.

2 Likes

The ole’ gentleman’s sweep

2 Likes

Lead has quickly evaporated

2 Likes

The ol’ standard rude sweep

7 Likes

The Scoundrel’s Sweep.

6 Likes