2022 Recruiting

Haven’t seen anything on this yet but here we go…

1 Like

Looks like one of the top 2022 bigs in the country is transferring to Ypsilanti Lincoln next year. Shawn Phillips. One of my Ohio buddies who’s a scout said he’s the 2nd best prospect in that class behind Chris Livingston, who’s a top 5 2022 in the country.

I’ve also heard that this is where Jett Howard could end up transferring to if he ever moves up to Michigan.

4 Likes

I missed out on watching Emoni Bates last season. This is all the more reason why I need to make the 10 minute drive and see Lincoln play this year.

2 Likes

Get there early. Most games were sold out last year. This coming year should be even crazier.

3 Likes

Good advice. Wonder if catching them on the road would be any easier. Then again, the locals might pack the stands for their chance to see Lincoln come to town.

This is a joke but It sort of reiterates that Emoni’s games will be wild next year.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Hey BP3, yeah that tweet was mine and was intended as a joke, but I went to a few of Emoni’s games last year when the team I coach wasn’t playing and for the most part it was a mad house. I can only imagine what it will be like for the rest of his HS career.

2 Likes

That’s what I was implying lol. All his games last year brought raucous crowds, so I can’t imagine how this next year will Be now that he’s nationally known and they’ve added a top 100 6’10 center to the team as well.

2 Likes

It will be fun to see how Bates progresses in the years to come. All of the comparisons seem to be to KD, and I see it, as great as KD is. My pipe dream, of course, is that he decides to play a year of college ball and commits to Michigan. Stranger things have happened.

1 Like

It’s a long shot to say the least but I’m glad Michigan at least put an offer out. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.”

1 Like

For sure. Zero downside to offering.

Goes into pretty good detail about how Emoni performed at Nike Academy this past week. Says he has the highest NBA ceiling without question but he’s not the most surefire safe NBA bet to be solid. That’s Cade Cunningham which I actually agree with.

1 Like

On Jett Howard’s IG page he is talking about playing with Ypsilanti Lincoln. I’m not sure if they mean this coming year or the following. I’m guessing the following season.

3 Likes

Way too early Top 50 for 2020. Jett is #44.