2021 - G - Jaden Akins (Target)

Top 5 2021 in Michigan Jaden Akins is at MSU tonight. Michigan has been showing early interest in him.

I’m really high on Jaden Akins game. Pretty sure he’s a Michigan fan as well.

3 Likes

I’d bet $ Xavier offers. They aren’t the type who are shy to offer. Especially if the player visits.

2 Likes

Love this kid’s game. There is some talent in state for 2021, but I’d take Akins over all of them.

It’s a tough line to walk for Juwan. I’d be thrilled with offering and landing Akins, but they are also high on the list for Lander so what do you do?

I’m not as bullish on in-state talent as others. I think State of Michigan high school talent tends to get over-rated by some on this board.

1 Like

There are four in state guys that are currently receiving a bunch of HM offers. Sure, they aren’t from blue bloods, but they are still nice offers. What’s your knock on Akins game? I think he is currently criminally underrated. He looks like a top 60-75 player to me.

I haven’t seen film of either really so was curious what others had to say. Our friend MattD seems to prefer Akins over Lander which is what made me ask

2 Likes

We are looking in

2 Likes
4 Likes

Didnt realize how quick and athletic he is.

4 Likes

Yup. I’ve been saying he’s my favorite in state prospect of those 4 2021 kids. I just think he has the highest upside of the bunch.

2 Likes

He reminds me a lot of Zeb Jackson.

1 Like

To my untrained eye, that looks like a nice quick trigger on his jump shot. I don’t know what his percentages are, but I’d say that would translate well early in his career

2 Likes