2020 Recruiting Notes

Corey Walker from Florida was mentioned above. Write-up from Rivals

2 Likes

New 2020 rankings

Zeb Jackson was a big riser up to 57 from 95

I have a hard time reading right now who Michiganā€™s top 2020 targets are. Zeb Jackson is surely one of the targets for a guard, but I wonder what the order of their board is at each position right now. Based on all the players mentioned for 2020, in your and everyone elseā€™s opinion on this forum, who would your hot board be in each position in numerical order? Iā€™m curious who everyoneā€™s top choice would be at PG, CG/SG, SF, PF/Stretch 4 and 5. Mind you this is not saying Michigan will pick up most these guys, Iā€™m just saying what would everyoneā€™s hierarchy for potential targets be as of now, for each position in 2020

In my opinion looking at it realisticly at each position my top choices are as follows:

Point/Combo - Zeb Jackson/Lorne Bowman
Combo/SG - Carlos Johnson/Ethan Morton
SF - Lance Ware/Carlos Johnson
PF/Stretch - Isaiah Jackson
5 - Hunter Dickinson

1 Like

Is Isiah Jackson a 4 man? I thought he was allergic to putting the ball on the deck or shooting.

I think you have a lot of guys listed a position down from where theyā€™d play at UM.

Really want Zeb Jackson, mostly because his school is less than 5 minutes from where I work and I can check out a lot of his games.

I wonder who Michigan will offer first in 2020. Wouldnā€™t be shocked if Zeb got one. I like his game a lot. Great size to play the one or two. Wouldnā€™t be upset at all if Michigan pursued him hard.

Carlson visits soon and is a good bet to get an offer.

1 Like

You sure about that? Isaiah Jackson has visited several times and hasnā€™t gotten a offer. Jalen Terry, Carlos Johns and Lorne Bowman all have as well, no offer. I believe Zeb Jackson has visited a few times too and several other highly rated players like Lance Ware have too.

If so, I wouldnā€™t be mad at all. I like his game a lot. Watched him over Memorial Weekend in Chicago. But i would be surprised about it since Isaiah jackson is right in Michiganā€™s back yard, and is considered by many to be the premier shot blocker/defensive player in the 2020 class or 2nd best behind Scottie Barnes. Not to mention heā€™s an athletic freak who moves like a track sprinter, and has a good looking jump shot to work with. I heard Zeb Jackson could be close to getting an offer as well. Jackson Carlson for 2020 would be a couple good offers to put out.

2 Likes

What are some other peopleā€™s positional rankings for 2020 targets Michigan could look at?

Iā€™m not sure. More basing this on Beileinā€™s process of establishing a relationship, getting the visit and then offering. Im not putting Carlson ahead of the kids you name necessarily. Iā€™m guessing that at least some on your list get offers this month as well.

Good News for UM on R. J. Hampton!!! I thought he was going 2019 for sure.

2 Likes

I HAVE AN ANOUNCEMENT!!! nothing has changed

2 Likes

Mentions Michigan as one of the teams making him a priority. Huge that he stayed in 2020, although I still am pretty skeptical about him choosing Michigan over Duke, Kentucky, Kansas and Memphis.

3 Likes

Man that would be awesome to land Hampton. PG has gotta be the biggest need. Remind me on the Beilein offer policy? Is it you have to visit and he wonā€™t offer before June?

Iā€™m guessing that getting a commitment from Zeb Jackson or Jalen Terry turn be a turn off, so weā€™ll likely wait out Hampton before sending PG offers. Iā€™ve read here previously (forgetting the posters) that Zeb plays poor competition and Terry looks bad against good competition, so I donā€™t know what the best fit would be. Are there any other point guards on the table?

Also, I really want Isiah Jackson. Donā€™t want to see him wearing green & white.

Beileinā€™s offer policy was that he wonā€™t offer until June 15th between Sophomore/Junior year, and the player has to of visited campus at least once.
Off the top of my head, some other 2020 PG/CG types in 2020 are:

Ethan Morton
Nimari Burnett
Dj Steward
Tyler Beard
Adam Miller

A good group to choose from. Plus Jalen Terry and Lorne Bowman. So Michigan has quality targets not even including Hampton.

Regarding Zebā€¦maybe that was true coming into April, but I watched Zeb and C2K Elite beat Jalen Terry and his Family 16u squad twice in the same weekend by double digits. Zeb was the best player on the floor those games and led C2K to win the tournament. Zeb played very well from April-July repeatedly versus high level competition in the Under Armour Circuit. I think Michigan is swinging for the fences in the 2020 class and is trying to really kick the tires with top tier national prospects like Hampton, Greg Brown, Hunter Dickinson etc to see if they have a real shot with those guys. They donā€™t want to offer kids quite yet and to land commitments because it will take away the opportunity to pursue those guys down the road.

Also, because Michigan is so young, they want to wait and see what they think of the guys on the team before determining what positions/players they really want to go for. Ideally, Michigan will target elite point guards, dominant inside-out centers or knockdown shooters. Those appear to be areas/skills that theyā€™d want to target in 2020 as of now Iā€™d think.

2 Likes

Recruiting, manā€¦tough to see how itā€™ll play out, all those guys have high major offers. Just watched some Adam Miller highlights. That guy can shoot.

Correct, as well as take the full academic tour.