2020 Recruiting Notes

Somewhat realistically (since I don’t think Kessler is coming here anymore) I’ll go with:
Zeb Jackson
Zach Loveday
Jabri Abdur Rahim
Scooby

I am not sure what the issue is with Isaiah Jackson but I would rather have him then Loveday. Although most see Jackson as a 5 not sure how he would hold up against the likes of big bodied 5’s such as Wesson. Zeb Jackson, Isaiah Jackson, Scooby Johnson and hold out for Wagner.

Cunningham, Jackson, Kessler and moncrieffe-Alexander for me

That would be something if John Beilein got his 2nd, 3rd, and 4th 5* in one class :wink:

Zeb Jackson
Cade Cunningham
Micah Peavy
Walker Kessler or Isaiah Jackson

But I’d have no issue with

Jalen Terry
Zeb Jackson
Scooby Johnson
a big

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: 2020 - Wing - Matthew Alexander-Moncrieffe (Target)

Matt D article that says Burnett is visiting the 24th, he has been climbing the rankings so hope he gets an offer.

Any knowledge of visitors at yesterday’s game?

2 Likes

Will be interesting to see if Michigan does offer because we already have one combo guard committed in Jackson. I think they will because they’ve been on Burnett for awhile and he’s coming on his own pocket to the Michigan State game. They set it up for arguably the biggest game of the year.

2 Likes

Between Cade and him, I would be so stoked to land either

I’d still take Cade over Nimari 10/10 times because he can legitimately be recruited as a point guard or small forward. Can play 1-3 on offense and defense easy and maybe even the 4 depending on lineups because he’s close to 6’7. Cade has played/defended McDonald’s all Americans twice in recent weeks and dominated those matchups (Cole Anthony & Antoine/Lewis). I think he’s a top 5 caliber player. Someone made a interesting comparison of Cunningham to SGA for the LAC. Granted I think the person was a Kentucky based reporter.

1 Like

I could see a situation where we take both. Seems likely that 2020 ends up a 4 man class.

2 Likes

If we land one 5*, it will be a huge win, but two!?!? Give me that anytime

I think they’re recruiting Jackson as a point all the way. Sounds like we will not offer Terry, and I think that’s because Jackson is targeted for PG.

Could even be five. Teske, Simpson, and Davis will be gone, and I imagine Poole and Iggy will be too.

Michigan wants versatility now more than ever. At just about every position on the floor. If Michigan offers Cunningham and/or Burnett that further supports this notion because Cunningham can play 3 positions on both ends of the floor and Burnett can play 2 positions. Jackson already has the size and ability to play 2 positions as well. If he grows much more he could possibly play 3 positions as well. Jackson is a score first Guard which is why I think he will play a lot of the 2 initially once he comes in if Dejulius becomes the player everyone hopes he will be. I think Michigan is recruiting all these guys as basketball players and then if they came here they can play multiple positions and the staff themselves can determine what position they will get the majority of their minutes at.

3 Likes

Davis will theoretically have another year. I’d say he’s likely not offered a fifth year, but we’ll be in an awkward spot where we only have two players above 6’8" (Castleton and theoretical 2020 recruit) on the roster if he does not come back for a 5th year.

Johns can play some center.

I can’t see Davis getting a fifth year unless we just strike out on big men recruits for 2020.

I think Michigan will play Jaron Faulds over Davis next year. Faulds did alright as a true freshman at Columbia in the Ivy League last year and simply has more experience playing as well as being taller. If Michigan whiffs on big men down the road I think Faulds is a better option going forward than Davis still.

6 Likes

People seem to forget Jaron, don’t they. I think he can be a solid backup player.

2 Likes

I completely forgot he existed. Yeah I could see that being an option.

3 Likes