2020 Recruiting Notes

This kid was born in Michigan. His father reached out to me a few years ago and told me that he was born in Michigan but they moved out of state at a young age. Not sure if they have any family in the state but I nearly tagged this kid in this thread when i seen he decommitted from FSU. Thought he could be a possible name to watch.

1 Like

Also of note, Josh Christopher posted on his IG that he’s in Ann Arbor now.

14 Likes

Thanks for the info BP. A Rivals article said he was born in AA, have you seen him live?

Also any other names you think have the potential to be on the staff’s radar?

1 Like

No specific mention of Michigan but lists available recruits including Nwokeji. Wonder if Devin Carter becomes a target as the son of a former NBAer who is an assistant with the Heat.

New ESPN rankings have Todd down 5 spots and Zeb up 8 or 9 spots. Dickinson also moved up. The biggest takeaway, most of the top 100 is committed. Makes me curious who the next bach of targets would be if Christopher and Dickinson don’t land

3 Likes
4 Likes

Grad transfers also come in to play, depending on how high school recruiting finishes.

Kyree Walker being mentioned as a dark horse for Michigan. I would certainly not be opposed to adding him. Would likely be Michigan’s best creator with the ball behind Simpson immediately and has great size to play anywhere across the backcourt.

6 Likes

Has there been any recent contact with Walker?

1 Like

I’m assuming so if Evans mentioned Michigan as one of the 3 schools he is most likely to land at. He wouldn’t just name drop them if he didn’t have someone somewhat close to Walker Inform him of who was talking to him. I’d love to add him. He could play anywhere across the backcourt. He’s a jumbo sized slasher/playmaker who is physical and athletic. And he’s at his best creating for himself and others. On paper he would be a big time boost to the offense assisting Xavier in creating for others.

1 Like

Why are the bluebloods staying away? This may feel a bit like the Todd thing, which won’t be a bad thing for Michigan even if he doesn’t come, but still.

3 Likes

Good question.

Not sure which programs still have remaining scholarship room this season…if he’s made it clear he wants to join a program mid-season, that may be limiting some blueblood options?

Duke and Kentucky almost always have room…and rarely use all 13 scholarships. They’d have room if they wanted him.

The article makes it sound like his scholarship issue would be complicated (he’d want to come in this academic year), which could mean some people just can’t take him.

I haven’t been keeping track, but it also sounds like his high school season is a bit weird right now.

Could be a grad transfer to keep an eye on. If not for Michigan than other Big Ten teams.

3 Likes

Yep. Towns basically had to grad transfer (graduate students can’t play in the Ivy) so this isn’t really a big surprise. OSU is the home town school and would make a lot of sense. He has two years to play.

1 Like

Snow, not that I’m a fan of his at all, dosent think OSU will go for Towns given that they’re already one over and won’t know about space until after Towns decides.

2 Likes

Looking forward to the all PF/SF offense next year

14 Likes

Yeah. Towns doesn’t feel like a great fit here now. Don’t think it makes sense for either side.