2020 - G - Nimari Burnett (Offer)

You must be confused and referring to when I broke the Zeb Jackson news. It’s ok. It happens.

5 Likes

I agree. Seems like we have a decent shot here.

Tell us more

@CoryR is by far my favorite insider

3 Likes

@CoryR always has his pulse on the five star recruitments. I look forward to his updates throughout this process.

1 Like

It’s a lock!

Reach for the stars @CoryR!! Even if you only end up in an airplane, that’s higher than the rest of us.

1 Like

The reality is this - we will take commits from players we want before next spring, and if at that point he’s still interested and we still have room, we may have a shot. Between now and then, a million things could change, too. He could move up his timetable, he could commit to us or to someone else, we could miss on some guys and have more room than anticipated, who knows.

I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with the post I quoted, just noting that the comment I replied to wasn’t exactly the case.

1 Like

A little more about the 2020s. Obviously could see entire changes in recruiting boards once a head coach is hired, but I thought this was interesting given how it centers around Yaklich.

1 Like

Whoever we get as head coach will make up his own mind on his assistant hires. If he keeps Yak, he retains Yak’s recruiting ties. If not, whoever he picks will already have some irons in the fire too. When Yak was hired, suddenly Colin Castleton was in play. It’s more of a problem for the ones who are committed or already on the roster, as they are affected most by this changing of the guard.

4 Likes

:eyes:

7 Likes

Awesome news. I really like Burnett and Abdur Rahim. Pair them with Zeb and chefs kiss

4 Likes

This lady was at the presser yesterday and seems to be very tight with a ton of top Chicago kids and their families (especially tight with nimari Burnett and his family ). I believe she is who introduced juwan to nimari when he was 9 or 10.

7 Likes

Right in her bio she lists being the ball handling trainer of Nimari β€œPhill” Burnett.

Re-created this thread because he didn’t have a profile.

3 Likes

Looking at her twitter posts, she’s a BIG fan of Juwan.

2 Likes

What position does she play?

2 Likes

Burnett? He’s a legit combo guard. He passes like a PG but his handles fall more along the lines of a shooting guard imo. Really good shooter and athletic off 2 feet as well. Great at driving, forcing the defenders to collapse and finding shooters spotted up.