2020 - G - Lorne Bowman (Target)

Bowman might be a player to pay more attention to in 2020. He went off in front of Coach Washington in the 17u championship game. The baskets he was making were top tier level plays. And he’s a known Michigan fan. Go look through pictures on his or REACH’s twitter and you will find him wearing Michigan gear constantly. Under his jersey in the title game he had a “we bleed blue” Michigan shirt on. When Saddi walked by after the game I’m sure he noticed that too. If Michigan ever did offer, I’d be shocked if he didn’t go there. But we will see if they ever do. They seem to be in on several national players and are being very patient with this class.

Expect many more offers to come in the future for this kid. A Wisconsin offer could be one of the next big ones. Could be others. Xavier is a school to watch as well. I imagine other big schools will begin ramping up interest. Like many in the 2020 class, expect Michigan to keep heavy tabs on him. Especially since Bowman is known to be a very big Michigan fan and he lives in Orchard Lake area, which obviously is fairly close to Ann Arbor.

Wow, he can really shoot the rock. Almost every jumper goes in bang off the back rim. Very consistent.

For those who haven’t seen clips of Bowman in the past, he’s the truth. I expect him to be nationally ranked before AAU of next year. He loves Michigan. I frequently seen him wearing Michigan gear under his AAU jerseys this past summer or just casually. If Michigan ever offers, I’d be surprised if he didn’t commit right away. It’d be similar to what Cole Bajema did.

The only time I’ve seen him play is this video, so excuse me if this is an obvious question… But do you see him as a PG in college or is he more of a combo guard?

I like him as a combo just because of his scoring and shooting ability. But he’s only 6’2ish and not an above the rim athlete. Really good shooter. He’s surprisingly good at getting to the paint as well. He rarely misses floaters or runners. I almost think I like him more than Jalen Terry. If things keep going like they are, I’d say Bowman will surpass Terry on my personal board. We will see though.

Bowman committing this week.

2020 Recruiting Notes

Where do the experts think he ends up?

I would guess Wisconsin.

Yep. Only official visit was to UW.

If those were my final four, Wisconsin is where i’d go. Can’t go wrong with any of them though. Good luck to the young man