2020 - Forward - Lance Ware (UK Commit)

Kentucky has other 4s ahead of him on their board, right?

Kentucky usually doesn’t just throw offers out. They are usually “late” to most recruitments. So I think they sort of have a “we will take whoever commits first” approach. Any offers are legit offers normally. It sucks because for the longest time it felt like if Michigan offered they would’ve landed Ware. But now that Kentucky has offered it feels like they are may well be the runner up in this race. Probably need someone to commit in his position now to land him.

1 Like

No surprise to make the top five here. Official visit scheduled for Sept 6th weekend.

Potentially newsworthy that he’s “working on” an official visit to Kentucky. Means maybe they aren’t really pushing to add him right away? Or just a product of the most recent offer. Tough to say.

8 Likes

Would love to land Ware, works extremely hard on both ends of the floor! I think out of all the recruits Ware is are best chance.

2 Likes

I see a crystal ball went in for Ware to Michigan. Obviously doesn’t mean a ton at this point in time, but I see Kentucky held all of his crystal ball predictions previously. As mentioned before, Kentucky added a couple (smaller) forwards, so that could bode well. I agree with gobluefan22233 that this could be our best chance with any recruit so far.

3 Likes

Our first recruit crystal ball! Congrats Coach Howard!

3 Likes

I entered a Crystall Ball for Franz. :basketball::crystal_ball:

1 Like

Lance Ware OV set. No visit set for Kentucky, so seems l like he is very low priority for them. Not surprising considering they are recruiting like six 5*s that are 6"5"-6"7"

5 Likes

Corey Evans from Rivals says it’s likely a two-horse race with Kentucky and Michigan, but Kentucky is still a lean. Still think there are positive signs with this recruitment, though.

4 Likes

It would like seem like Ware would be pretty far down Kentucky’s list of targets no? I mean they can’t take everyone, can they?

1 Like

If it’s between UK and UM, then I assume it comes down to whether UK ever actually attempts to get him to commit.

UK takes 5-6 guys every year. They have 2 commits and lead for 3-4 other guys. If I had to guess Ware could be their Isaiah Jackson backup plan?

2 Likes

Jace howard and the one kid that grew up knowing juwan. Forgot his name right but he is 2 guard. 20/20 is going to be a great class. I think we will get a small forward, two guard and maybe a big…two bigs if someone leaves.

Reminds me of a skinner Xavier Tillman. I really want this kid on this squad. We need grit and skill.

Very interesting. I thought that they had started to cool on him. Guess not. We will see if he gets that visit set up.

1 Like

More of a slow play than a cooling, IMO.

1 Like

Looks like this one is over, Calipari visited him and Evan Daniels who is very good and very tied into uk just put a crystal ball for UK. UK must have made their move.

Yuck. I thought he was the best shot for any of these top 50 offers out there. Maybe the board starts expanding

I will believe this when he schedules a visit