Jon Teske - Will Make Return Visit to UM on Sunday

Does anybody have additional film of Teske other than the short clip we seen a few weeks back? Any scouting reports?

Medina, Ohio, 2016 big man Jon Teske will be back in Ann Arbor Sunday. Some details ($): https://t.co/fdFx472NJ9

— Chris Balas (@Balas_Wolverine) August 2, 2014

Fill up those spots as soon as possible… Put some pressure on some kids…
The interesting thing here is that the family let Balas know they were tripping up for a day. OSU is stacked with bigs, Teske seemed focused on UM/OSU
I’m on commit watch

Agree. I would not be too surprised on a commit sunday. Wish had more film on him. But. 7 foot. Nice.

Balas also posted some positive things regarding Battle, Thorton and Leaf.

Balas isn’t very reliable, I would take his opinions with a grain of salt

This timeframe is around when some early commits can happen (after July period). See: Derrick Walton and Zak Irvin (7/31/11 and 8/1/11 I believe).

I just think if Teske really has it down to Michigan & Ohio St…we are in pretty good position…and he may want to secure his spot.

Not sure how I feel about Teske. Film would be nice.

That’s a silly comment regarding Balas. He, Webb, guys at 247 get some right some wrong. I’ve been following all the sites for a long time now, he is no better or worse then the rest. It’s recruiting.

They all get some right and some wrong, but he tends to get it wrong at a higher rate than others. Prefer Webb by a healthy margin over Balas.

Balas isn't very reliable, I would take his opinions with a grain of salt

Depends on what you mean by reliable. When he says that we lead for recruit, he’s very reliable, whether we end up with the kid or not. No one is “reliable” predicting where kids will end up at the end of the process. In the case of Thornton (and Battle), he has talked directly to the people involved, recently and throughout the process. He doesn’t suddenly make Duke the odds on favorite every time they offer.

Depends on what you mean by reliable. When he says that we lead for recruit, he’s very reliable, whether we end up with the kid or not.

lol what?

Depends on what you mean by reliable. When he says that we lead for recruit, he’s very reliable, whether we end up with the kid or not.

lol what?

Not sure what your LOL is about. Recruiting s fluid. Leaders change. New teams get in, others drop out. When Balas says at any given point that Michigan leads or is in good position, we are. When he says we are a long shot on a recruit or things are trending away from Michigan, he knows what he’s talking about. I believe it when he says that we have the edge on Thornton right now. Unless you’re omniscient, that’s the best you’re gonna get.

lol what?

When Balas says at any given point that Michigan leads or is in good position, we are. When he says we are a long shot on a recruit or things are trending away from Michigan, he knows what he's talking about.

How is this knowable?

All of this dialogue is just confirmation that none of the so called “insiders” know much more than any of us on the board. Whether we lead for a kid now, or in late September doesn’t really mean much in the grand scheme of things, it’s who lands the signature on the LOI in November.

lol what?

When Balas says at any given point that Michigan leads or is in good position, we are. When he says we are a long shot on a recruit or things are trending away from Michigan, he knows what he's talking about.

How is this knowable?

Short of mind reading, you go on what people involved are telling you. Do you absolutely “know” how a recruit feels? No. But, when a recruiting analyst like Balas has spoken to the recruit and his dad regularly during the process, he’s as reliable as you can get in making those judgements. Sometimes there are things that are not available for public consumption. I’ve seen many occasions where Balas becomes pessimistic about a recruit and will indicate that someone different has taken charge of the recruiting process. I was responding to the comment that singled out Balas as “not very reliable.” If you want to argue that NO ONE really knows what a recruit is thinking, that’s another matter.

All of this dialogue is just confirmation that none of the so called "insiders" know much more than any of us on the board. Whether we lead for a kid now, or in late September doesn't really mean much in the grand scheme of things, it's who lands the signature on the LOI in November.

I agree that the signature on the LOI is all that matters, but we discuss recruits’ leanings all the time, early and late in the process, and you singled out Balas as “not vey reliable.” I don’t agree.

lol what?

How is this knowable?

Short of mind reading, you go on what people involved are telling you. Do you absolutely “know” how a recruit feels? No. But, when a recruiting analyst like Balas has spoken to the recruit and his dad regularly during the process, he’s as reliable as you can get in making those judgements. Sometimes there are things that are not available for public consumption. I’ve seen many occasions where Balas becomes pessimistic about a recruit and will indicate that someone different has taken charge of the recruiting process. I was responding to the comment that singled out Balas as “not very reliable.” If you want to argue that NO ONE really knows what a recruit is thinking, that’s another matter.

Fair enough.

All of this dialogue is just confirmation that none of the so called "insiders" know much more than any of us on the board. Whether we lead for a kid now, or in late September doesn't really mean much in the grand scheme of things, it's who lands the signature on the LOI in November.

I agree that the signature on the LOI is all that matters, but we discuss recruits’ leanings all the time, early and late in the process, and you singled out Balas as “not vey reliable.” I don’t agree.

Whether we agree or disagree it’s all part of the fun in being a fan…it’s good to hear positive news on the recruiting front and kind of frustrating when it isn’t kind. All of those “insiders” have their sources, and I suppose Balas falls within a standard deviation on a bell curve…just think Webb is more reliable with his “gut feelings”, but he’s been wrong as well…so who really knows?

How would feel about Teske commit today ? Part of me likes it b/c staff obviously want shim & he is 7 foot…But just wish knew more about him and had some film.