Just spoke to Duncan Robinson

Said he had interest from all over and is set on a top two of Davidson and Michigan. He’ll visit Davidson this weekend and Michigan on Monday. Will have a full update for you guys later tonight, but he’s naturally really excited about the positive feedback he’s received from higher level schools.

I heard Creighton was in the mix as well. I think he can be a decent bench player for a few years.

Big big jump from D3 to D1. Agree with Matt should help bench but wanted a big time recruit also.

Update posted on the front page. Was surprised to hear Duncan say he’s pushing 6-8.

6"8 . That’s great. I was surprised too. Doesn’t play like it. I didn’t see 1 dunk in his highlight film. Unusual for a 6’8 guy.

6"8 . That's great. I was surprised too. Doesn't play like it. I didn't see 1 dunk in his highlight film. Unusual for a 6'8 guy.

45% from 3 is also unusual for a 6’8" guy

Cole McConnell shot 42% in high school. He didn’t play much last year.

Cole McConnell shot 42% in high school. He didn't play much last year.

Ha. Criticize Michigan recruiting Robinson if you want, but don’t be silly. McConnell was a single digit scorer at New Hampton. Let’s not be ridiculous. That’s almost like saying no one is a good shooter because Andrew Dakich shot 100% from three last season.

Helped me make my point.
My point was him being 45% three point shooter doesn’t tell whole story.

Helped me make my point. My point was him being 45% three point shooter doesn't tell whole story.

Yet half of his shots were threes and he averaged 17 PPG. Yes, it’s D3. I honestly don’t really know how to gauge the level of competition at the D3 level, but there are plenty of HS kids that face weaker competition.

At 6-8 does he go to the 4?

At 6-8 does he go to the 4?
He told me that Beilein thinks he can play the two through the four. I suspect a lot will depend on his weight gain and his handle.

Cole McConnell also doesn’t (nor did) have Davidson, a couple of ACC schools, Big 12, and then a lot of mid-majors looking at him either.

I can see it now; every time Duncan dunks in a game, the student section will get free Dunkin Donuts.

Doubtful - No dunks in the films Ive seen…and that’s against D3.

Doubtful - No dunks in the films Ive seen.....and that's against D3.

I was making a joke, but regardless, arenas typically don’t offer promotions like that for regular events.

I wasn’t joking. He is 6’8 & I haven’t seen 1 dunk from him against D3 opponents.
Not impressed with athleticism.

Has Prince Ali moved along or is he still thinking of visiting?

If over the course of a season, player A shoots 200 3pt FGs and makes 100 of them…
If over the course of a season, player B shoots 4 3pt FGs and makes 3 of them…

Who do you think is the better shooter? Volume + ridiculous percentages >>> just ridiculous percentages.

Said he had interest from all over and is set on a top two of Davidson and Michigan. He'll visit Davidson this weekend and Michigan on Monday. Will have a full update for you guys later tonight, but he's naturally really excited about the positive feedback he's received from higher level schools.

Any chance he’ll extend his search if he gets interest from high-major powerhouses? Or is he pretty set on UM and Davidson?