Duncan Robinson

He is #32 at Williams and in a few highlights here

#20 here at Exeter

While there was much less of Robinson than I had hoped in that first clip, it was worth watching for the color commentary alone. Slayed me.

Should have some footage for you guys in the morning.

Looks like a smaller version of Mike Dunleavy - good shooter, capable of a straight line drives to the basket, challenged in terms of footspeed and lateral movement, but long.

Please tell me a walk-on…

Please tell me a walk-on..........

Ben, as I’ve said before I tend to fall on your side of the argument in terms of recruting raw talent vs. development (although not to that extreme), but from a practical standpoint it is more likely than not that at least 1 member of the 2014 incoming class will leave at some point because there are simply too many bodies and not enough minutes. I guess what I’m trying to say is this…although you may not like the idea of Robinson holding a scholarship right now, 2 years from now it will probably work itself out due to attrition.

Please tell me a walk-on..........

LOL I knew this would kill “Ben”

We all want the Calipari approach. It’s so much more sexy to talk about the stars.
Beilein’s approach is different and it also works.

Real funny. If your happy with D3 transfers. Good for you. Note that the staff is missing who they really want so are settling for this stuff. Crazy. National runner up & elite 8 and look at this.

Let’s put it this way, I’d much rather go with Duncan Robinson vs. Dillon Brooks. Could care less about stars. Robinson isn’t a worldbeater by any stretch, but on film he looks just as good, if not better, than Matt Ryan or Brevin Pritzl, who were high 3 stars and recently committed to ND & Wisc. respectively. Don’t put too much into star ratings, look at the film without bias and make your own judgment.

Although the film is obviously sparse, I think Robinson can be a decent 4 year player in a limited role. Have questions about him on defense with his lack of athleteicism/strength, but he can definitely be an improved/larger version of Vogrich.

Does taking Duncan mean we pass on Ali for sure? Any updates on Hatch? This kid looks like he has a ton of potential after some time in a real S&C program.

Let's put it this way, I'd much rather go with Duncan Robinson vs. Dillon Brooks. Could care less about stars. Robinson isn't a worldbeater by any stretch, but on film he looks just as good, if not better, than Matt Ryan or Brevin Pritzl

I don’t buy that 1 bit.

Still have one more scholarship open for incoming class of 15 even if Duncan comes aboard…which you may as well pencil in at this point if he visits. Long story short, first of Ali/Coleman or some other target and that’s it…for now. If Hatch doesn’t come on a basketball scholarship, then we have 2 openings for 2015.

From the stuff I posted…

Tall, lanky, excellent shooter from a static position (didn’t see any curls, shots off the dribble, turn arounds, off ball screens, etc), struggles to get the step on his defender, can’t dribble left, not sure how he will fare as an on-ball defender against D1 and will need to add strength… will be interesting.

Let's put it this way, I'd much rather go with Duncan Robinson vs. Dillon Brooks. Could care less about stars. Robinson isn't a worldbeater by any stretch, but on film he looks just as good, if not better, than Matt Ryan or Brevin Pritzl

I don’t buy that 1 bit.

Don’t buy what - that he isn’t just as good as Ryan or Prtizl?

I don’t buy that 1 bit.

He isn’t.

I don’t buy that 1 bit.

He isn’t.

You have got to be kidding me…and you were complaining about Williams being 1 dimensional. Both Ryan and Pritzl are the definition of one dimensionial. Please provide me a significant difference between Robinson and/or Ryan/Pritzl…I’d love to hear this

Will have some more video from Duncan’s freshman year later this morning.

I don’t buy that 1 bit.

He isn’t.

You have got to be kidding me…and you were complaining about Williams being 1 dimensional. Both Ryan and Pritzl are the definition of one dimensionial. Please provide me a significant difference between Robinson and/or Ryan/Pritzl…I’d love to hear this

Robinson can only shoot from a static position…Ryan, Pritzl are not only built thicker but can shoot off the bounce, off ball screens, off catch, turn arounds, etc. Britzl is a better handler and was excellent against top100 guys at all the camps.

Im going by the Exeter footage and not D3 since I actually think its more structured and more talented league.

Hopefully some more relevant footage here. Four mins of footage from Duncan’s freshman season, mostly from the D3 Final Four.

That’s a bunch of crap in terms of Ryan being able to shoot off the bounce/motion and you know it…I just watched the highlights embedded below and Ryan took no more than 5-8 shots off screens/turn arounds out of roughly 100+ shots. A grand total of 2-3 dribble drives, and 2 post moves. Bottom line is this…Ryan and Robinson are your classic “just shooters”, with the difference being Ryan has 30lbs and Robinson has a bit more verticality.