Zak Irvin's struggles... Got to get better

Yeah, anyone with sense isn’t going to advocate for a player to not shoot at all.

1 Like

And anyone with sense isn’t going to argue that I’ve said that. Open shots would be nice.

As opposed to the wolverheel, who is going to beat a dead horse thinking he can change an opinion.

I love your alternative facts.

Weren’t most of his shots in rhythm tonight? It’s not like he was putting his head down and forcing up jumpers all night. I think he took two mid-range Js and most of his threes were off the catch.

I think it was a pretty solid blend of 8 shots to take. Enough to keep the defense honest and ones that he should hit if he’s not woefully cold.

1 Like

I love the fact that you think Zak was out there taking bad shots. JB seems to agree with me, however.

He took 8 shots, I’d say 3-4 were, as I quoted, “open looks in rhythm.” If you’re happy with that ratio then that’s fine, but I’m not. I think the 2 early threes he took were fine, the drive was obviously good, and the shot before the half was decent (although I’d rather someone else have taken it).

Really? Because he got benched for several minutes down the home stretch after launching a terrible three 2 seconds into the shot clock.

Meanwhile, given how much you criticize JB, this is a very interesting argument to use.

And yet here you are right along with me, “beating a dead horse thinking he can change an opinion.”

1 Like

lol I’m very content with my opinion. carry on, however.

Seemed that way to me too.

That might be the strangest non sequitur I’ve encountered.

Again, you said it yourself, this is completely opinion. However, when you blatantly lie to try and aid your point we have an issue.

Interesting point about him sitting around the 6:30 mark. He did sub out and it wasn’t in the box score – weird. He checked back in right after Walton got fouled though.

I’ll watch the game again and see if I have an epiphany on replay, but I do not see how shots like those are open and in rhythm.

@tarverine @guestavo1 Enough of the back and forth. Can we just talk about Irvin and allow other people to chime in instead of quoting specific sentences from each other’s posts. We have a pretty good understand of how both of you feel.

Sure, fair enough.

Donnal is actually a really solid offensive option imo. Ive always felt like he needs to look to score more and that he should be getting 3 or 4 baskets a game off the bench. He’s a really good face up shooter, even from deep.

He’s just not good at anything else.

1 Like

Yeah, this tends to be an issue lol. I just will never understand his complete and total phobia of dunking the ball. Did he lose a game on a missed dunk in high school or something? I know he’s unathletic but it’s just so strange.

Bingo. It’s what is best. As a senior leader and a good kid I hope he can accept this notion. If so he’d gain a ton of credibility and props from me for caring about winning first and fore most. I’d be ok with him losing 5-6 minutes a game to Duncan and x. I really like our d though when he’s out there compared to Duncan

Taking a back seat would be Irvin shooting less per touch. I don’t believe that is the case.

Still if he played hard and looked to score of the pick and pop / roll he could really give us a boost on offense off the bench. I always think it’s going in when he shoots a ball facing up from deep, even when he misses it’s right there