Where Are They Now? Evaluation Revisited

Of all the misses, Winston to me seems the biggest. This whole thing looks different if you have a PG like that who can distribute the ball AND play D.

Winston can play D? He may be the worst defender in the B10

3 Likes

Offensively, Iā€™d agree, heā€™s playing pretty well. His scoring is up and down, which is typical of many freshmen, but he does seem to be a pretty exceptional passer. Defensively, heā€™s not real good, which would be par for the course on our team.

Watched Miami/Duke yesterday and Bruce Brown was impressive.

Really wish we wouldā€™ve put the full court press on him. I think heā€™d be starting right now as a freshman.

Speaking of Miami/Duke, wtf was that game?? That was by far the most dramatic tail of two halves Iā€™ve ever seen.

Was nuts, Miami dominates the 1st and then forgets how to play basketball in the 2nd.

One thing I took from the game was that Brown would likely be our best two way guard right now.

Was the pg I wanted 2nd most, after Cash; both extremes in terms of what they provide.

Brown is a much better passer than I ever anticipated.

Had a chance to watch Utah vs Washington last night. Iā€™ll tell you what, I think Devon Daniels would be the best player on our entire roster right now (I previously said he might be the best guard/wing), that kid can go.

Yeah, and Sedric Barefield is averaging 11.5 a game for them, too. Ugh.

Utah doing really well in terms of evaluation right now. Theyā€™re really strong with Donnie Tillman as well

1 Like

They have had a pretty solid program for awhile now. They play hard, too.

Its too early to do freshmen and 2015-2016 obviously have some years left to improve butā€¦

right: Dejounte Murray, Dillon Brooks, Jamal Murray, Shake Milton, Jalen Poyser, Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk

wrong: Matt McQuaid, Luke Kennard, Kameron Chatman, Jonah Bolden

1 Like

Add Shake Milton and Jonah Bolden to my list of misses

Never felt strongly about him but found this interesting

AJ Turner : 14.6 PER, 20.1 AST%, 121.4 ORTG, 41 % from 3 on 4 attempts

Seems like he could knock down the same shots as DR but give some ability to create

Yeah those were the days where my expectation level was to get upper tier wings every class. Didnā€™t think he was bad but thought we could do a lot better. Given how things have went, Iā€™d probably be ok with an AJ Turner type these days

1 Like

Bolden issue was academics, IIRC.

Pretty sure thatā€™s correct. Still doesnā€™t change the fact that I whiffed on his eval.

Surprised that AJ Turner is that good. I remember cheering in student sections against him, and while he was good for the CHSLā€¦he wasnā€™t THAT good.

Heā€™s also the lowest usage rotation guy on a sub-.500 team with an offense ranked 200th nationally.