We are so soft it isn't funny

BC they are sunshine blowers

He asked why we didn’t have depth. I referenced Caris and Spike. If you don’t think that their absences make a difference, you’re wrong.

I think MBear is talkng about Games when we played Xavier SMU we had them and our talent still sucked. Or last EMU and that technology school beat us. I Personally think Caris is one of the best 5 players in college but the talent around is meh.

1 Like

Exactly my point. People act like the emu game and njit game last year didn’t happen. Add this year’s blow out losses with Levert and I don’t know how anyone can act like he’s the difference.

To be fair Caris dropped 32 against NJIT. If NJIT hadn’t shot 65% from long range, he definitely would have been the difference. You should try to be a little more specific with your statements though. You say a lot of vague negative blanket statements like “I don’t know how anyone can act like he’s the difference.”

What is “the difference”? I don’t think any of the people you are arguing with think we would have beaten IU with Caris. At the same time, do we beat Texas without Caris scoring 19? I doubt we win the game @Illinois without his 22 points and 10 assists.

No one is saying we would be undefeated in the B1G with Caris, but a healthy Caris could be the difference between the NIT and NCAAT. I’d say that makes him a pretty big difference maker.

1 Like

Ive been pretty consistent that this team is a bubble team with or without Caris. He’s our best player but the talent around him is lacking. He’s not good enough to make up for that. I take issue with people who use his injury for justification on why we get worked over against decent teams. We were getting worked over when we had him in the lineup.

I’m looking forward to him coming back so maybe, just maybe we play competitive basketball down the stretch.

1 Like

I just don’t know how people enjoy this brand of basketball Michigan puts out. This is awful right now. Oh hey clock is running down chuck a 3

1 Like

I for one hate this brand of ball when it lacks talent . I don’t like the system big men they recruit. Think about this for a minute Caris was suppose to be an early entry into the NBA so this would’ve been our team this year and they are not that good . Duncan looks like a D3 player now. This is depressing .

2 Likes

Lack quickness on offense, defense, poor transition defense, poor transition offense and getting punked on your home court by your biggest rival. This is what Beilein basketball has become.

1 Like

That was my reason for posting the depth issue comment yesterday. I never counted on Spike at all after two hip surgeries. It was a delusion to think he could play this year. So Caris has been hurt. It’s a big loss but if sufficient talent was recruited to Michigan isn’t getting smacked around by ever good team they play.

Talent makes any system work.

1 Like

Very much a flashback of the Ellerbe Amaker days. I miss when Fisher teams use to murder MSU.

1 Like

Thought the same J

Unfortunately Beilein got an extension from Hackett probably the only mistake Hackett made as AD.

2 Likes

I’m sure there is a buy out ASF. Question is is there enough people to donate to pay it??

Soft corny coach soft team

Right. I mean, if all you need is talent for your system to work, anyone could coach at this level.

Where is an adjustment? Adjust your offense JB. Run set plays. If you only have 2 guys capable of putting the ball in the basket, run those guys off 100 screens a game.

Why do opposing teams consistently have their best shooting nights vs us? We do not make them work on defense.

Valentine was glued to Duncan. What did JB do to counter that? Stick Duncan in the corner!!! You need to run Duncan off 4-5 screens a possession. Make Valentine work on defense. Wear him out. Same for whoever Forbes was guarding. Make him work off the ball!

All we do is pass it 30 ft away from the basket and right now, there is no one to bail our mastermind offensive coach out.

And foregodsakes, someone commit a hard foul.

1 Like

JB knows we need better talent, even though he’s reluctant to acknowledge that this is HIS roster.https://twitter.com/_zachshaw/status/696087902913196032

1 Like

At least we have Langford and Bridges coming in next year… oh wait.

State might win the whole thing next year especially if they land Jackson