Vs Nebraska game thread

Michigan does have a number of guys who can score, as always. Beilein rarely puts a guy on the floor who isn’t a threat. (That’s probably why it’s taken so long for X to get real minutes.)

That said, U-M has played the easiest B1G schedule so far, per Kenpom.

I don’t think it is. I think their offense could be very good if they play smart and everyone fulfills their potential, I also said their defense is horrible with little hope to improve. I think it’s accurate.

I also didn’t say it would happen. Obviously consistency is not their forte. I do believe their offensive firepower is there though if they find a way to blend it and play confidentially.

They have but honestly I feel like they haven’t hit their stride on offense. That’s not to say they will even but they still have played awkward unorganized o a lot with a lot of guys not playing well or disappearing and still scored. It could improve. It might not and I wouldn’t hold my breathe because the group has consistently fell short of being consistent but the offensive output is possible.

Just watched the game again (lazy Sunday), and had a few thoughts in no particular order:

• If I’m an opposing coach and I see that X is on the floor and Duncan is not, I’m going zone Immediately.

• I actually liked that we threw in our random zones throughout the game. We’re not good at them, and we didn’t get stops, but it at least made the opponent think for a second. Teams have just been too comfortable for 40 minutes against us. Again, Neb scored on those possessions, but you could see that our own communication level increased, and their players actually had to look at the coaches and ask for guidance…

• I still can’t believe how comfortable I am with DJ Wilson. Seriously, this is the biggest story of the season (outside of team results).

• I’m really intrigued by Tim Miles at the end of his presser, when he said unprovoked that he couldn’t wait to play us again (he wanted to play again last night). Probably reading more into it than I should, but I felt he was taking a jab that he clearly thinks his team is better.

• Related to above comment, JB and Miles had what looked to be an interesting dialogue in the handshake line…I know they are buddies, but at same time, it didn’t seem 100% cordial. Just curious.

1 Like

Interesting how Watson just took X every chance he got when X was on the floor. His eyes just lit up at that opportunity.

I’d really temper any potential hope that X is going to be a difference maker on the defensive end until we see him have to guard for 30+ minutes as a starter.

He has desire and some lateral quicks, but his diminutive stature is really going to be exploited on bull rush attacks and bullying mismatches.

Won’t take long for that tape to get around.

You are notcteafjngvyo much into. The whole presser miles was trying not to be a sore loser and say the right thing but he clearly felt they got jobbed by the refs and that his team is superior.

I could see how he felt that way although I don’t agree. In fact I hope we’re playing much better by then and beat them by ten at their house.

1 Like

I’m finding myself expecting every three DJ takes to go in. Weird, right? That said, I also like him getting his man in the air and then driving toward the hoop as well.

I thought the same thing about Miles, whom I generally like. Probably caught in the heat of the moment and still a bit salty about a winnable road game getting away from them at the end.