Things I'd Like To Hear About '16-'17 Team

I think you can live with it as a 6-8 minute per game thing next year, yeah. There’s also been some talk around the fanbase of him becoming the four as a senior. as well (which actually might have to happen. Matthews appears to be skinnier/shorter than I thought he was).

I am looking for Robinson to be the regular guy at the four, not just a relief sub. If he can guard the bigger traditional fours, that frees up Irvin to be a full time 3, where he is best suited and less likely to wear down. Duncan is now the same weight as Zak and two inches taller and now has a years experience. We can always go to Irvin when we match up with smaller fours.

I think that most of the time I would rather have Duncan guarding the bigger, slower fours instead of the smaller, quicker threes.

I tend to agree. my rough guess of preferable Robinson defensive match ups:

1. Shooter with limited skills creating off the bounce.
  2. A 4 that Robinson is physically capable of staying between the man and the basket, and blocking out ( def not the guy on SMU who destroyed M)
  3. A slashing wing. If said slashing wing also can shoot, it’s a total mismatch.

I don’t trust that DR has the mindset to guard guys like Caleb Swanigan…and I don’t think you should be counting on that at all.

The thread title is “Things we would like to hear”, not things we are predicting.

And not too many guys in the league can check Swanigan. The Wolverines are getting stronger and focusing more on defense this season, so what say we give them a chance to show us what they can do before we write them off.

3 Likes
  1. Beilein has started to utilize MAAR more than ever

2. Committed to using Moe as our 5

3. Watson and Simpson have been fearless and are ready to contribute right away

DJ Wilson is becoming a strong rotation player.

Teske wags his finger at opponents driving in the lane ala Dikembe Mutombo and says. “No no no”

1 Like

You and I think alike. I’d also hope that your number two point not only means Wagner starts but that his commitment to moe means we’re committed to feeding him/ getting him heavily involved in the offense.

Let’s face it, our offense along with most offenses work best when there is a real threat down low that teams have to worry about.

Anybody hear how moes face up mid range, out to the three looks? There no reason moe can’t end up being better than happ for instance.

I’m just excited for everyone to overreact to the open scrimmage video when it comes out.

4 Likes

Boy, at the beginning of the year I never would have believed we’d win the National Championship this year!

3 Likes

You never know. I wouldn’t bet on it but I wouldn’t have bet on nova either last year. I think the starting five has a ton of potential to be very good. The bench not so much.

1 Like