The State of UM Basketball

Beilein is going to have to play more than the usual 8. As I see that rotation as not having enough shooters which Poole and Livers can provide. The verdict is still out on Matthews shooting and MAAR although he has become a decent spot up shooter he is not good on the bounce. X will be a question mark regarding creating his own shot.

1 Like

You think? X showed me enough. Heā€™s crafty as hell to the rim. I also see him as a nightmare on the break. I think heā€™s going to be special. And that vision/ passing has me excited. I hope Wagner and dj are ready to run. I think both will get a lot of easy bunnies next year. He better get that three ball going though. Iā€™m worried guys will play inside the arc on him trying to prevent his penetration.

With this plane crash thing it seems like coach B has loosened up a little. Maybe he gives some guys a little more run and margin for error.

buckets and sly:
https://twitter.com/umichbball/status/845339485193883648
At least Watsonā€™s instinct/attitude is on the right path.

3 Likes

I Know as soon as I saw that I was like heā€™s going to be fine.

1 Like

Did yā€™all know this:

About time. Thanks mark. Wish you the best!

1 Like

Yeah, it was decided awhile ago. He was honored on Senior Night.

1 Like

Best of luck to him. I think heā€™ll make a big impact somewhere. That will make 18(?) (hoping Ricky Doyle comes back strong) guys playing d1 basketball next year who once played for Michigan and have Beilein / Sanderson development.

I hope he plays with confidence. Lots of offense wasted there.

Pretty slow day, nothing relevant to add, but thought Iā€™d say a quick note about X.

Just seeing Frank Masonā€™s emergence and nabbing some player of the year awards, thought about him being a pretty good comp to X. He played twice as many minutes as X his Freshmen year but their averages and percentages are pretty darn close. He seems like the perfect comp of what we all hope X turns out to be - as in style and player, not saying the next player of the year haha.

If you want to get a taste of next yearā€™s ā€œState of UM Basketballā€, LaLu on ESPN2 right now. Jordan Poole with a chase down block and gets Tā€™ed up (a bit unfairly). Anything but passive/quiet, I like this kid.

I also really like Tyger Campbellā€™s hair

3 Likes

Poole is exactly what we need

2014 Elite 8 team had two starters from the year before and a freshmen point guard. We have kids coming in ready to play. Believe in coach Beilein.

1 Like

On espn2 their doing a espn feature on Austin hatchā€™s story

1 Like

#22 here but horrible, horrible word choices on DJ. Just hedging his guess the way he worded that.

3 Likes

I saw that earlier tonight. The Wilson assessment was interesting. Wondering if he has specific insight or just guessing based on DJā€™s ā€œno commentā€ when asked during the Tournament?

Side note: as of earlier today I still havenā€™t seen anyone willing to pen Wilson into a first round draft slot this year.

Really strongly seems like a total guess. I would imagine we wouldā€™ve heard something from Michigan insiders if he was that string toward leaving.

Plus we all fully expect him to declare without an agent. Thatā€™s no foregone conclusion!

Not sure we can respect his opinion now but he thinks highly of Michigan if DJ returns then. A top 15-20 team.

New Ford mock has Mo #25 to the jazz.

I fully get that it only takes one team to make a bet on them, but after that oregon game, i would have thought they both played themselves back into college. Goā€¦ lookā€¦ test watersā€¦ see you in November (hopefully)

1 Like

The underlying article by ESPNs Jeff Borzello assumes both Wilson and Donnal are returning, so it makes you wonder how close these guys pay attention.

2 Likes