Solly Stansbury

Did they not offer him because they were waiting on his test score?

Or because he wasn’t good enough or a fit. Probably some combination of all of the above. They clearly offered Wagner before he had taken the TOEFL.

Point is, they have still been pretty deliberate in these situations as far as I can tell.

FWIW this is the original post I was responding to:

I do find it puzzling that a program that is so cautious about the HS prospects it pursues (slow, deliberate evaluation and few offers extended) also swoops in on these oddball prospects with big question marks around eligibility and level of competition.

Your point was clear and correct, Dylan.

1 Like

I understand what he’s saying. Beilein is very particular in who he recruits. Maybe he saw him a bit when he was playing ball in the USA. I am not sure how many times he saw him in person in France which probably matters most at this time. You referenced in an earlier there would be a lot of NCAA work. Why try and jump through all those hoops? Seems there are better options especially if the guy isn’t eligible right away and they’re already pursuing Matthews.

1 Like

I guess I’m missing your point. The staff’s job is to try to improve the roster, seems like they are trying to keep as many options open as possible.

2 Likes

Solly is announcing today, right? Doesn’t sound like any noise around Michigan, so I guess he is headed to Cincy.

Don’t think that he has an offer from Michigan or Cinci. So I don’t know what/if he’ll announce.

1 Like

Yeah Webb said they didn’t offer

Lol, that is awkward then.

Could both teams be waiting for an NCAA ruling to see if he is eligible to play this season before offering?

Either way, it makes no sense to make “an announcement” about your future with no scholarships in hand.

I don’t care about his “announcement” just curious if the possible NCAA ruling would be holding back schools from offering.

Also Kostas is headed to Dayton.

1 Like

Seems like a better fit for the kid, wish him the best. I really wanted kostas purely for the upside but having to wait for him probably isn’t worth it at this point.

As I’ve noted a hundred times, me too. Would have loved it. Dayton got a steal Imo. I think he could play quickly there.