Roster update is out

This is sort of shocking news. Holy cow!

1 Like

I definitely forget about Ibi when figuring out what the team will look like in future years. That would be awesome if he could turn out to be a decent backup wing option.

2 Likes

Yea it would be a big boost to the roster if Ibiā€™s game could also make a ā€œbig leapā€

1 Like

That 44.5" was a max vert by Diallo. I also donā€™t think there should be any ā€œgrain of saltā€ with this measurement. Not like football where coaches are trying to hand time 40s

1 Like

I think the assumption is that you can likely get a better max vert in practice then with a couple of chances at a very high pressure situation at the combine.

Is the combine jump only one try?

I think usually two and take the best. Not positive one way or the other.

Bounce on the wings will indeed be upgraded

1 Like

On Dylanā€™s point: GRIII maxed out at 44" at Michigan. Jumped 41.5" at the combine

3 Likes

More #s on the front page: http://www.umhoops.com/2017/08/04/ibi-watson-sets-michigan-record-44-5-vertical-jump/

Matthews and Simpson at 42 in.

1 Like

GRIII had reportedly been getting closer to 45"-46" in his preparation but said he didnā€™t take off in the right spot on the actual test. Thereā€™s not doubt the pressure impacts the results but 44.5" in any situation is ridiculous.

2 Likes

I wonder how many college basketball teams have 3 guys with 42+ inch vertical leaps. Less than 10?

the bottom line, Ibi out jumps GR3 under the same setting.

1 Like

They test max vert and standing vert at the combine. Glenn posted a 41.5" max vert, 36.5" no step vert.

2 Likes

Very athletic trio of pgā€™s. Itā€™ll be interesting to see how it all shakes out this season. I expect a big leap from Simpson this year; he is very dynamic; if his shot has improved, look out

1 Like