Roster additions

You still don’t get it and I am not surprised. Why try and blame a guy for being a poor defender when he had very little impact on the team? Yep he was a poor defender. Why didn’t he improve on defense? Who recruited him? Dawkins isn’t the only poor defender on this team and won’t be the last. I am sure this will be a lock down defensive team now that Dawkins isn’t around…

So he was a poor defender?
Because a couple hours ago you said “I don’t know how we can paint him with the brush of being a horrible defender.”

Was that a typo?

I think there’s a difference between a poor and horrible defender. I would say Robinson was a horrible defender. Do you think we would be better off talking about the merits of each player defensively or spend more time talking about a player that will have zero impact on the D this year.

There was some talk about Watson I don’t know how well he will do I would be surprised if he played much at all. Beilein loves his 7-8 man rotations and right now I don’t see him part of that.

Walton
Rahkman
Irvin
Robinson
Donnal
Wagner
Simpson
Wilson
maybe one of Teske or Davis and that would be 9. Maybe Beilein will look at his bench differently moving forwards but we don’t know that.

So Dawkins was a poor defender, but not a horrible defender? That’s your stance?

So someone who “has no clue” on defense and “plays matador defense” is not horrible? Hmmmm…

1 Like

@AlbrechtShotFake What this conversation is about is flying so far over your head I’d think you were buried in the ground. Frankly, I can’t say I’m surprised given your history here. This debate is about Ibi Watson coming in to replace Dawkins, given that they play the same position and will see similar minutes. The gist of what people have said revolve around Ibi perhaps not being as good at shooting but making up for it by being a better defender than Dawkins, who you, as HTYV kindly proved with your quotes, think is a terrible defender. Anyone with a pair of eyes could see he was the worst on the team. Thus, that makes Ibi’s job of replacing him easier. This conversation has literally nothing to do with who’s responsible for why we as a team were bad. Not a fucking thing about specifically how bad Dawkins made it. Your lack of comprehension about what this is even about is utterly baffling. You are arguing a point that no one even made! It amazes me how you try and start these arguments out of nothing! Like I said earlier, very troll-like behavior.

1 Like

You took shots at me earlier and now dropping f bombs? Zero respect for people of your ilk.

Good, I’m glad it’s a mutual feeling. I’m glad you acknowledged the points in my comment too. That was good to see! Oh wait…

I personally have zero respect for people who come on here for what seems like the sole intent of starting things. At a certain point you have to wonder when you’re gonna understand that everyone here realizes you disapprove of our coach, and most disagree with you. That’s not gonna change any time soon.

What point that you can’t have a conversation without swearing and taking shots at people? I didn’t know it was wrong not to like a coach. When it’s wrong to have an opinion not to like a coach let me know.

13 posts of mine in this thread, 2 swear words. Clearly I can’t post without cursing, not like we’re all adults here or anything. And if by “taking shots” you mean disagreeing with you and telling you why, then sure. Whatever you say. Just note that the only thing I’ve said that could be construed as an ad hominem only came from my imitation of your comment to HTYV: “You still don’t get it and I am not surprised.” That sure seems like you’re taking shots at his intelligence, doesn’t it?

Either way, you could berate me all you want if those were the only things I was doing in this conversation. Unfortunately for you, I think I’ve made it pretty clear that you simply made a huge reading comprehension error and argues something that nobody here was even talking about before you came in. It’s okay ASF, I forgive you, but I’m also done with you. The minute you get into an argument with a troll, you’ve lost, so I’m done with you.

I liked dAwkins as stated many times. I also like ibi much more after his last video was released.i felt like he showed a lot more there than previously. Nice vision, nice handle and the ability to create. I also liked how his competition level looked high for a public league. Battle tested. I’m optimistic he will be a solid wing for us over the next few years. Hopefully right away but at least the next few years he should be useful.