Recruiting Notes

That’s not “in defense of Zak.” If you want to say bad things about Michigan players, be brave enough to do it without the caveats.

Exactly. This is a reverse case of Greg where you were bullish on JP and I was warning you before hand (having the benefit of seeing him live prior).

We both agree after watching JP extensively that it’s probably going to be a few years before he is what people anticipate he can be.

1 Like

In my world there is a difference between ‘bad’ and true. But what do I know?

An assertion may be true or false. A cheap-shot is a cheap-shot whether true or not. Man up.

Since we’re on the topic of Zak and getting enough space, his tendency to drive left and try a right handed finger roll off the backboard just murders every part of me.

It’s not a cheap shot…he’s slow and lacks explosiveness. Really don’t understand the problem in stating that.

To be fair, while your comment is true, it wasn’t really made in defense of Zak. That would be saying “In defense of him, while he’s slow and lacks explosiveness, we’re forcing him into a role as a lead scorer that sets him up to fail.”

Just my interpretation here lol

3 Likes

Zak is going for 14/5/4 in college ball and in the B1G. “There is no such thing as enough space for him” is not a “true” statement. Like I said, if you want to take shots at Michigan players, just do it. This is weak sauce.

1 Like

That’s what I was implying.

I’m in a no win situation because I’m trying to avoid JB talk in most cases but stating your suggested format is the equivalent of saying both that JB is incapable of getting sufficient talent and that he can no longer develop…and that he doesn’t place his players in positions to be effective.

You talk about JB all the time. Literally every day you take shots that are so thinly veiled it’s completely transparent: If JB cared about winning, our defense is always poor, what does Beilein value, will Beilein be around, etc. I hope you don’t think you’re actually being politic.

3 Likes

My apologies, you are correct.

No sweat. Now, going forward, as Benjamin Franklin said, “well done is better than well said.”

Poole at 98, Livers at 128 in Rivals updated rankings for 17. No Brooks

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2017

1 Like

Do you remember where they were before?

I don’t, but my gut tells me it might be a slight drop for both?

Looks like Livers was #114 to Rivals in August per the MGo Hello post

http://mgoblog.com/content/hoops-hello-isaiah-livers

As someone that has seen Livers live since the summer, id say #128 is too low. Caveats apply since I’ve only seen him once this year in HS

I plan on checking out Livers vs Dave on Saturday so I’ll have more. If you guys have any specific questions, shoot.

And Jaren Jackson up to #10. Feels like missing out on Leaf all over again: the perfect JB 4. Except, this time, we lost him to Sparty. Is Bowen still just waiting on word from Kentucky?

1 Like

If Miles Bridges or Nick Ward gets coerced by Izzo into staying another year I’ll be pissed. Winston, Langford, Bridges, Jackson, Warde, with McQuaid and Tillman on the bench with the possibility of adding Bowen would be just horrifying. They do need a backup PG though.

1 Like

Poole was 95 before.

Talk about a guy I was wrong on. Didn’t think there was any way Leaf would be producing at the level he is now.

Might be a surprise, but Creighton is strong with Bowen. I suspect in the end it will be MSU, but that’s just speculation.

Take comfort in knowing that Bowen likely choosing MSU helped us in one regard…that is the biggest reason Eastern picked Purdue over MSU. The Eastern camp can’t stand Bowen.