Potential Transfer Targets (Summer 2016)

I don’t mind the option of adding Bearden. Sounds like a plus-defense #2 point guard. With Simpson on campus and penciled in to the starting PG job as a sophomore, it would be tough for UM to recruit another stud PG. Slot Bearden in as the back-up for Simpson’s SO & JR years and then the coaches can recruit a top caliber PG to join for Simpson’s SR year — much like the staff did this year.

Plus, Bearden as a late-game defensive replacement for those down-to-the-wire matchups in Madison or at the B1G Tourney… could be a valuable late-game role player.

It’s not a sexy wow move, but on paper it looks like a good “add depth to the bench” type of move, IMO.

Eh, I’m warming up to it a little. I just wish his assist/turnover ratio for those top 100 games wasn’t 0.81. I’d still rather have Eastern, but if the coaches don’t think we can get him I wouldn’t be upset with Beardon. At 6’3" he could also come in to defend the opposing’s shooting guard.

This kid can play more than a little. He’d be a nice addition. But does anybody really believe he’s transferring with being a backup the ultimate goal? Not me. He’s gonna want and expect major minutes wherever he ends up. That most likely doesn’t bode well for him coming to M.

I agree - I’d much rather have Eastern 10X more…what’s weird is classes start soon so I assume he’s going to be deciding in the next couple weeks?
If he was a Plan B guy we could keep in our back pocket until we knew more about the 2017 guys then that’d be a better situation.

I do like his game though…just wish the decision timeframe worked out better to our advantage.

3 Likes

There goes that dream for me. Suddenly everything I was gonna post means nothing. Basically Beardsley is dope and I think he’d really push for the starting gig. Oh well. Oregon is actually the perfect fit stylistically. Not sure who they have, I think Pritchard, but style wise he’d fit. Would have loved to seen that 2017 team in action. Big ten champs written all over it. Hopefully still.

Are we interested in pancake Thomas? Probably wants to play more than we can offer him but he could help this years team out.

Holy crap yes. Anybody named Pancake is an instant take in my book.

6 Likes

Well I need to say…I currently go to Hartford and to answer that question is he can’t hurt. He shoots a lot and has a decent shot. Defense isn’t great but that’s the same for the most of our team. He could play the 1 and 2 don’t really see him as a 3. @johnmiller

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Like I said, I think this kid could help our team right away.

1 Like