Potential Grad Transfers?

Scholarships are one year deals as far as I know. Doesn’t matter what year people are.

4 Likes

I would much rather give the scholly to a guy who is a proven 45+% shooter from deep at the college level and also plays a position of need than our 3rd string option at PG who under normal circumstances hopefully doesn’t see the floor

Might as well take him if he’s interested, since it’ll just be an empty scholarship. I’m super disappointed that we didn’t even appear to get in on anybody to fill a need.

2 Likes

Doesn’t Dakich have to redshirt this year if he wants to play a 5th year somewhere else - though that plan me be out the window now because he ended up playing real minutes he likely never expected.

The 3 walk ons are no doubt valuable players in practice and in the classroom, but there has been nothing to indicate they are worthy of scholarships.

1 Like

If they are going to be empty anyway, there is no harm throwing them a bone for a year. Football does it all the time.

But the argument is whether the scholarship would be better spent on McCormick or a current walk-on, not leaving an empty scholarship

Yeah, I get that. I was responding to someone who said that the walk-ons haven’t done enough to get a scholarship as if they will take one up for multiple years. If there is no grad transfer that takes one, no sense of them going to waste.

1 Like

Okay I hear ya. I am still wondering whether Dakich plans to redshirt (thus not play) to get that 5th year to play somewhere. That could play a role in whether he gets the extra scholarship.

…then I guess I missed why you posted a snarky response if you understood the general premise of what I was saying. Sometimes it’s impossible to contribute on these threads when people nit-pick anything that has to do with a stat. But anyway…

I didn’t mean it to be snarky when I posted it–I said I agreed with your premise, but made a comment about a particular stat. From your response, it was evident that you took it to be snarky, so I apologized and said I agreed with your second post. I’m not sure what you’re looking for at this point.

I’m simply saying your “comment about a particular stat” couldn’t be looked at any differently. And wasn’t necessary if you already understood what I was saying.
I’m just SICK of all the stat pushers and analytical people that can’t help but add in that type of comment…even when they agree.

I would just like this place to be friendlier for all. Apology accepted.

I’m not sure how exactly you found his comment to be snarky. He disagreed with you and then he explained why. If anything that’s the kind of post that fascillitates good discussion. Despite no apparent wrongdoing he still apologized genuinely when you said that.

1 Like

I think everyone is ready to let this one die. As @JBlair52 said he accepted his apology. Let’s just move on.

1 Like

True, but I think it’s important to acknowledge the difference in what happened a couple nights ago (pure trolling) and the comment he made. I think the tension has caused any disagreement to escalate. I like both posters in this case though, so I think that’s why I jumped in. My bad.

I like @MHoops1 too. He’s a good contributor.

This is one of the most confrontational boards I’ve read, other than total flame boards that aren’t real boards. I don’t get some people on here.

3 Likes

I agree, but it is really just a few posters that think the object of each discussion is to win the discussion. I think the best response to them is to not respond to their rants.

1 Like

I dunno, MGoBlog gets far nastier, although they do have more funny cat GIFs which helps to lighten the mood.

I think that’s because it’s Far more impersonal over there with the comment section style commenting rather than the traditional forum style here.