Potential grad transfer additions

I believe we are on commit watch for Simmons.

Announce watch rather? Whatever you call a grad transfer taking the scholarship lol.

Not completely sold heā€™d be a nice addition. He got offered and we are sure about this?

Out of the guard grad transfers he has the best PG stats at the highest level of competition. If Bamba didnā€™t exist Iā€™d be super pumped about that. The issue is that he doesā€¦ Perhaps the coaches were told by Bamba that thereā€™s a tiny chance of him coming to Michigan?

Honestly, I think itā€™s more of dj going pro.

All the grad transfer options have to be looked at through the lens that there is probably a 1-5% chance that Mo-Moe-DJ all are back/committing. with that in mind, if you get a guy who you know will help us be more competitive next year I think you have to take it. I have no opinion on Simmons (or Johnson or whomever), but it is the interest of protecting the team from a major correction ā€“ doesnā€™t feel great, but it is probably the right thing to do.

1 Like

Pretty positive he is going to get an offer and it sounds like both sides are in on this.

And Iā€™m very sold. Iā€™d rather take him than wait and miss out on both him and Bamba. Any of the other grad transfers Iā€™m cool with waiting to see about DJ/Mo/Bamba, but Simmons you say yes to and donā€™t think twice IMO/

2 Likes

I think itā€™s more that Simmons is really, really good at a position we have the biggest question mark at. Not only that but we have plenty of guys that can shoot/score but not create. An elite passer could mean the world to this offense. Iā€™d fully expect Simmons to start next year.

5 Likes

X looked like he has very good vision late. I think heā€™s going to be an elite passer

He is the best player out of the Simmons, Daniels, Alstork bunch.

Ifā€¦probably when DJ stays in the draft there will be a hole at his spot. I hope they can swing Cam Johnson too.

I hope Simmons is in

I need to see more film. His numbers are the best it appears but i liked alstorks overall game better on video. Simmons struggled from deep last year too but shot well junior year.

Iā€™m all aboard as we needed another ball handler I guess I just liked the idea of x stepping up to start this year. Simmons loooks like a guy who gets 30 minutes all day. Iā€™d like to see x playing 25 minutes next year at least. Just hope x embraces the challenge.

Two pg with nice vision running things.

Also where is this info that heā€™s ready to commit?

Have you had a change of heart about the prospect of Wilson going pro?

What I think wonā€™t change, he needs at least one more
Year to be able to stay on an NBA bench. From what I have heard, his attitude has changed a bit. The stress of all this may be getting to him and that may be all, which is understandable, but he has ā€œput a wall up to protect himself.ā€ Again, Iā€™m not blaming the kid one bit as I would be staying in the draft personally but something has changed. Itā€™s a huge decision for him and it has come really fast and he has a month to decide it now. I believe if he could get all the feedback today and decide tomorrow, heā€™d take it. Iā€™m still leaning toward him staying but I wouldnā€™t be surprised one bit if he stays in the draft.

I would be greatly surprised if he stays in the draft, but I have been surprised before.

I would be surprised if we get any grad transfer commits/announcements before either Bamba decides or we get more definitive news on Wilson (or Wagner), but weā€™ll see.

General consensus seems to be that weā€™re not really staying at the top of Bambaā€™s decision. Seems like that ship is sailing, or at least loading up non-Michigan provisions in port.

With that in mind, I take Simmons all day, and if Wilson goes, then make a push for Johnson.

General consensus has been weighing in on Bambaā€™s recruitment for some time, tossing Michiganā€™s chances in the toilet ever since he reached out to Michigan.

Bamba is worth waiting for. The only way you get him is by having the courage to wait him out.

I should have clarifiedā€¦general consensus among Michigan insiders who would previously have agreed with you seems to be trending in the wrong direction.

1 Like