Potential grad transfer additions

Well, he’d be starting day 1 if he chooses that route. Not a .500 big ten team though.

Have to wonder what real upgrade Illinois is over Pitt aside from depleted roster

I think Oakland and Northern Kentucky were very bit as good as Penn State this year. He played 4 games against those two teams and was extremely good and efficient in 3 of them.

25 points, 4 assists on 10 of 21.
24 points, 6 assists on 6 of 12.
22 points, 3 assists on 7 of 15.

Last year, his “2 power conference equivalent” games happened to be against two top 25 (per Kenpom) teams. Bad games, for sure, but I don’t think that is as damning as you make it out to be. When you’re unquestionably the best player on a weak team, teams with superior talent are going to focus on not letting you beat them.

Maybe Alstork would pan out and maybe he wouldn’t, but I don’t think what you’re drawing your conclusion from is sufficient.

3 Likes

And no, I don’t think Ibi Watson puts up 19ppg and 3apg if he plays at Wright State.

Not. Even. Close.

1 Like

Yea he might have done well but not dominate. Alstork looks unstoppable in that film. To me he’s a no brainer lock to be one of the go to guys on almost any team in the big ten. My one concern is does adding him change the make up of the roster too much. If he comes it’s pretty clear he’s a top 3 option on wherever he lands. Is the rest of the team ok with that? Can he be assimilated fast enough where we figure out how to fit him in.

He’s definitely the main option imo at the end of the shot clock in the pick and roll. I think you’d see a high volume of the offense running through him. I just wonder the effect that has on MAar and Mathews. It certainly changes their roles dramatically.

Agree with this. There’s no way that the Ibi Watson we saw this year would have been an All-Conference guy in the Horizon last year.

2 Likes

Any news if Daniels or Simmons made it on campus this week?

I believe Simmons is on campus this weekend

1 Like
1 Like

Can anyone confirm if Simmons made it in this weekend?

He did make it.

Someone like this could make some sense as a potential DJ Wilson replacement if he stays in the draft.

6-7, 240 and can block shots and do some things from that position even if he’s not the most efficient offensive player.

1 Like

Saw this kid play about 30 times in person the past few years. Tore his meniscus this past season. He’s a decent athlete but is not a good shooter. Best attribute IMO is rebounding. Turns it over more than he assists and again, jumping up a comp level when that’s the case is always a concern of mine. Would be a solid backup PF but we don’t want him playing big minutes. Close to 1 blk/stl per game which is nice. Averaging 12 points and 5 rebounds a game in the mvc isn’t impressive to me.

Basically adding a solid guy at the 4 who could block a few shots, rebound and hit a few open shots could be a nice boost if DJ Wilson stays in the draft. That spot isn’t going to be the key cog for U-M next year, but there’s a void with no DJ.

2 Likes

A void to be filled by Bamba. :relaxed:

2 Likes