NBA Playoffs Thread

Of course he does, hence my ‘all that much’ statement. BUT, against good defensive teams that have the ability to switch everything and not lose a beat, Steph’s impact when not hitting the 3 is much lower than it would be vs DET for example. Also, must give the full context in terms of Russ turning the ball over - yeah he’s averaging close to 4 TOs, but he’s also close to 12 assists per game, nearly DOUBLE to Steph. In that way, a Russ possession is much more valuable vs a Steph possession, which is my contention in a nutshell.

As a casual Toronto fan (my Michigan fandom transcends the Detroit river but I can’t cheer for the Wings, Tigers, or Pistons… Though I did love the Pistons in the pre-raptor bad boys era), I would just say that the officiating vs Cleveland has been atrocious. Zero fouls on Cleveland in the first quarter of game 4… I think the previous game was the first in history where neither Lowry nor derozan shot a free throw… Obvious miscalls and missed calls. Toronto has had to beat the refs AND Lebron. Cleveland is the better team but I also think the league dreads all the lost US tv revenue that a Toronto final would entail (even though TO is the 4th biggest market in the league).

IMO Harrison Barnes needs to get more shots.

Agreed, but Ibaka has made those sorts of things difficult to come by lately lol

1 Like

For whatever reason, I feel like the Cavs are going to take it this year, and I’d still take LeBron above Westbrook (who I hope the Lakers can somehow get next year). But all that is really kinda fluid, depending on what happens from this point forward. Westbrook would really state his case if OKC wins it.

Nice bounce back effort by GS tonight to get back in the series. Feels as though GS has to play near perfect to win any games though. I think OKC wraps it up in Game 6

Will be very interesting if Toronto wins at home again. Could be a very tense Game 7 for the Cavs and their fans.

I think they win it in 6 though.

I’m pulling for Toronto, but I highly doubt they pull out Game 6.

Why? Granted, they played one of the worst games in the history of basketball in game 5 but they also have shown the ability to hang w CLE at home. I don’t watch much NBA so I am curious …

Irving had a dud in Game 3 and Love played poorly in Games 3&4. Both were pretty good on the road against Detroit and Atlanta, so I don’t expect the road woes to continue. And Cleveland doesn’t want to risk a Game 7, so I think they’ll be ready to go in game 6.

I hope I am absolutely wrong. Nothing would please me more than to see the city of Cleveland melt down after another choke job.

1 Like

For the same reason I think OKC will beat GS - if both teams bring their A games (granted, a big if), Cleveland will win 9 out of 10 times. Toronto has to play VERY well in order to win any game, while Cleveland has to be less than good.

Do Toledo people generally cheer for Cleveland teams? Or more Detroit?

In Windsor, I’d say there are somewhat more Detroit fans than Toronto fans, but people are liable to switch sides based on whoever is doing well at the moment.

WTF…can someone explain the NBA Instant Replay reasoning?

With 50 seconds left, Westbrook CLEARLY gets hit on the arm from behind and loses the ball out of bounds. The refs call it OKC ball.

Then during instant replay, after clearly showing they F’d the call on the foul. They still have to overturn and give the ball to GS.

I don’t get it…the ONLY reason he lost the ball was a direct result of the foul that they didn’t call.
So the refs get to review one part of the call but not the other?

The only thing more unjust are the inconsistent moving screen calls I see…

It’s unfair that either of these teams will have to play another series to be champs.

Though if they aren’t dead from the series, I don’t see how Cleveland can beat them unless they’re on fire from deep all series

I think he was losing it either way. He didn’t hack him to bad. Either way they wer the bed.

I’m one of the only people who has faith in the cavs. I really like their chances versus either team.

The only “foul” you can review is whether a call was a block or a charge.

1 Like

Right. And I think that’s stupid.

They used instant replay to make sure they got the call right…but only about PART of the play.
So IMO they actually used instant replay to make the WRONG call.

The whole point is correctness. But it backfires when you can’t consider the fouling aspect. It’s counter-productive.

Uh, no. He got hacked pretty good on the elbow area. I’d love to see you try and dribble at full speed when getting hacked from behind like that…