NBA Draft 2016 Open Thread; LeVert picked 20th

Surprised to see him play in any games?? Why?

1 Like

Yeah Troy Williams was a head scratcher. Good decision by Melo Trimble IMO. If Demetrius fell to #45 and Yogi didn’t get drafted, no way IMO was he going to get picked up.

I just don’t see a spot for him right now a year in the D League would help a lot imo. He’s played 33 games in 2 years I don’t think his body could handle an 82 game grind. Maybe saying he won’t play in any NBA games is harsh but maybe only a handful. They have 11 guys signed with 50 mil cap space to work with if they choose to utilize all of it.

I’m pretty surprised that Troy Williams didn’t get drafted. He’s needs more skill development, but he certainly has NBA-level athleticism.

Izzo using Davis as a tool to prevent his players from ever going one and done again. hahaha oh man.

4 Likes

haha i am sure Bridges and Langford are thinking “oh snap, this is not what i signed up for! is it to late to go to another school?”

1 Like

Yogi will play with the Nets while Troy Williams will play with the Suns in summer league.

The only lesson to learn here is that Izzo is a relentless sociopath.

It is comical.

2 Likes

Nice I’m a Suns fan, they need a wing. He realistically could make the team if he does well.

I’m not surprised by utohff at all, and slightly by yogi. I’m more shocked about cat barber than those two. I understand he’s small and pg is deep but damn he can play. Looked good at the combine too.

Can’t shoot. That’s not good, these days especially.

Nothing like doubling (or tripling) down.

1 Like

Still landed on his feet

3 yrs, 4 million guaranteed

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--deyonta-davis--grizzlies-agree-to-three-year---4m-guaranteed-deal-185306456.html

Not sure where else to put this so I’ll put it here. How has unlv sucked so much the last few years. They had so much talent it’s crazy. Their previous coach must have been the worst x and o guy in history. I’m watching mccaw and he is legit. Add in Zimmerman, goodluck, Carter, wood, Vaughn, Bennett,jones, Morgan. It makes no sense.

1 Like

LeVert signed his deal

https://www.instagram.com/p/BH2rzL9jrFZ/

3 Likes

Caris looking bulked up

1 Like

Business casual

1 Like

I think I would have said “look at those guns”.

It was a foot injury, so he’s had plenty of time to work the upper body.

I noticed that when I was hitting up NBA 2K. They have a ton of young talent scattered throughout he league.

Interesting that Davis signed for more than he would have had he been picked in the first round. Looks like he made a great decision. Wonder if Izzo will point this out to his incoming freshmen :wink:

Better to go early second they say. I can’t believe he fell. He went to the right team imo. Perfect fit for his style. Plus gasol and Randolph are aging so it gives him time to develop then slide in.