Moritz Wagner Likely to Play in College, Reportedly Considering (Favoring?) Michigan

MattD I agree with a lot of what you say, I just keep quiet bc I’ve been accused of having racial undertones but I question J.B ways of recruiting by many fans on GBW

Wow. This thread took a left turn at Albuquerque. I guess i should have been more clear. Of course I would take a Utoff or White on our roster and if Moritz can be one of those players, then great. My only point is that we should not aspire to be Iowa. If that is not what people were saying, then my bad.

Not that there was much doubt (Michigan wouldn’t fly a kid across the world for an official visit and not offer him), but here you go.

What’s his timeframe for a decision?

One thing that bodes well for Wagner is that he has great body control. You can see him eluding guys trying to take charges while keeping in control and heading toward the basket. Can start and stop quickly too. Impressive for a guy his size.

What's his timeframe for a decision?

He seems pretty high on us. That’s the thing I would like to know. How soon is he going to make a decision? I thought I read somewhere he wanted to make a decision after his season ended. Are we talking 2 weeks, 2 months?

Can we afford to wait past a certain point? Is there a cutoff date for him?

I believe sometime in April. If it’s college ball, sure looks like Michigan.

I like his game too. Only concern is can he make an immediate pact that makes him worth the addition when u already have kam Dj and Robinson. That’s he reason id rather have cook because the 5 spot is tge weaker position Imo and we don’t have anyone with his skillset

Like I said before, he’s coming…just a matter of time. When Wagner commits, Max is out of here, because we will be maxed out for scholarship availability unless Caris stays. If Caris stays, no Murray in 15 either

The latest on German forward Moritz Wagner, Michigan offeree. We think U-M has a great shot to land him ($): http://t.co/x9dfW9mrfC

— Chris Balas (@Balas_Wolverine) March 11, 2015

Matt I don’t know if Wagner is good or not based off a few minutes of film but is there another reason they are looking for a big to play the 4/5 that we don’t know? Doyle, Donnal, Wilson, Wagner. I don’t know if you would put Chatman in discussion as a 4 he can’t shoot it well but he doesn’t seem to have the quickness to play the 3 and if Levert stays, Robinson will probably play. So quite possibly 5 guys battling for a 4/5 position because it might be tough for Chatman to crack a rotation with Levert/Robinson around.

Like I said before, he's coming...........just a matter of time. When Wagner commits, Max is out of here, because we will be maxed out for scholarship availability unless Caris stays. If Caris stays, no Murray in 15 either

The latest on German forward Moritz Wagner, Michigan offeree. We think U-M has a great shot to land him ($): http://t.co/x9dfW9mrfC

Is Hatch definitely counting against the 13 scholarships all 4 years that he’s at UM?

Exactly - I think Hatch moves to a medical if they get Wagner, Caris does not leave, and Murray wants to come.

Like I said before, he's coming...........just a matter of time. When Wagner commits, Max is out of here, because we will be maxed out for scholarship availability unless Caris stays. If Caris stays, no Murray in 15 either

Is Hatch definitely counting against the 13 scholarships all 4 years that he’s at UM?

That’s the million dollar question…

Exactly - I think Hatch moves to a medical if they get Wagner, Caris does not leave, and Murray wants to come.

If Caris stays, it’s highly improbable Murray comes. He wants the commuter lane to the NBA, and it would be difficult to bust up a LeVert, Irvin, Walton triumvirate for significant PT. IMO. Also have to factor in minutes for Senior Albrecht.

Murray would get plenty of minutes. Its pretty clear JB is running a meritorcracy. If youre good enough to play, youre going to play.

Murray would get plenty of minutes. Its pretty clear JB is running a meritorcracy. If youre good enough to play, youre going to play.

Oh he’s good enough to play alright, but he won’t be coming here if Caris comes back.

Playing and being the man are very different.

I’m not sure Murray is a one and done talent, and I’m leery of guys who think they are one and done talents when it’s unclear. Jaylen Brown, I wouldn’t worry about - he’s good enough that he can just play his game without consciously “auditioning” for the NBA and, in the process, trying to do too much.

I’d rather have a senior Levert back than one year of Murray, if those are the choices.

Oh he’s good enough to play alright, but he won’t be coming here if Caris comes back.

I would love to see Murray in the same lineup with Irvin, Walton, and Levert.

I'm not sure Murray is a one and done talent, and I'm leery of guys who *think* they are one and done talents when it's unclear. Jaylen Brown, I wouldn't worry about - he's good enough that he can just play his game without consciously "auditioning" for the NBA and, in the process, trying to do too much.

I’d rather have a senior Levert back than one year of Murray, if those are the choices.

I certainly don’t think Murray is a one and done type talent, but as you alluded, it’s all about his perception of his value. He wants the keys to car it seems, and the keys belong to Caris until he leaves unless Jaylen Brown comes