Moritz Wagner Likely to Play in College, Reportedly Considering (Favoring?) Michigan

We just disagree. I view catch and shoot players as the same regardless of position. You don’t. No need to go any further at this point. Not to mention Wilson isn’t a 5.

What makes you say he’s been here longer than I have?

Also, congrats on winning your bets vs me. I think you won the Big Ten record bet, though I should have stipulated that I see 10-8 as long as LeVert and Walton don’t miss the majority of conference play.

What makes you say he's been here longer than I have?

Also, congrats on winning your bets vs me. I think you won the Big Ten record bet, though I should have stipulated that I see 10-8 as long as LeVert and Walton don’t miss the majority of conference play.

Contracts are all about the details. In any event, I don’t want you to take a 2 week hibernation. The site hasn’t been as active lately (to be expected considering the on court product), and you bring some value even if we don’t agree. If nothing else, you and I provide the entertainment for the rest of the board.

As I said in the beginning, the bet was all in good fun to me. You should know by now I don’t really take any satisfaction in you leaving, all my joy comes from apthe fact that I was correct.

PS - I think it’s gonna be a push on Irvin

You gonna be in Chicago this weekend? I’ll get you a beer at duffys.

Wish I could be in Chicago. My daughter has an AAU tournament in Flint. Appreciate the offer.

#Michigan recruit Moritz Wagner hamming it up with the ushers. Even Gov. Snyder got into the love fest. #GoBlue pic.twitter.com/0jIvJnCLbR

— Yvo M (@_YV0) March 7, 2015

Maybe I was too harsh on Max’s chances for coming back…

So is he going to be a Blake McLimans or an Aaron White?

Could be a waste of a scholarship or could be a very nice piece, and I don’t think any of us can really tell based on the limited film on him.

Excellent point. We don’t really know with a lot of guys right now including Wilson and Robinson. It would just be nice to get a few more sure things.

Well, if he can be an Aaron White type player then I don't think we should pass. This team is already down a scholarship spot because of Hatch and we saw how a couple injuries can obliterate depth.

The best thing about Chatman coming in was his versatility. If Wagner commits, I think that means one of two things:

1. The staff is confident in LeVert returning.
  2. The staff is confident that an offseason regime can get Chatman to the level he needs to be to play the 2.

Im seeing lots of Iowa comparisons in this thread. Is that really who we want to be? When has Iowa done anything?

Eh, they had a pretty good year. And Iowa’s roster without Fran McCaffery’s coaching would be an even better team.

Maybe Max gets the schoolyard, if he wants it, if Caris leaves and Jaylen Brown doesn’t come and they don’t fall in love with anyone else late. Might depend on if he’s willing to wait a while and see how things shake out.

Eh, they had a pretty good year. And Iowa's roster without Fran McCaffery's coaching would be an even better team.

No. No. No. I will never aspire to be Iowa. When was the last time they even made the Sweet Sixteen. That is just horrible.

Ok I looked it up. Iowa last made the sweet sixteen in 1999 and before that was the 80’s. If that is the program we want lets just bring back Amaker.

Barf

Not even sure what argument you are trying to make? Who wants the program to ‘be like Iowa’… There’s a big difference between that and comparing someone to Jarrod Uthoff (if that’s what you are referring to).

Not even sure what argument you are trying to make? Who wants the program to 'be like Iowa'... There's a big difference between that and comparing someone to Jarrod Uthoff (if that's what you are referring to).

the problem is having 3-4 guys like Utoff which makes you Iowa. You responded that Iowa was having a good season.

My only point is that is one of the last basketball programs we should be looking to.

Wtf kind of argument are you trying to make 93grad?? How is comparing someone to a player on iowa saying that we want our program to be like iowa’s? Straw man much?

MattD, are you at least going to acknowledge that Irvin has made great strides on his pull up jumper, and great strides passing the ball off the dribble and on the pick and roll, or are you going to continue to refer to him as purely a catch and shoot player?

How about we just compare Wagner to Ryan Kelly - which is probably a fairly apt comparison - and say we aspire to have a stretch four like one who played for a fairly good Duke team? Or Sam Dekker. Also seems apt.

Well, if he can be an Aaron White type player then I don't think we should pass. This team is already down a scholarship spot because of Hatch and we saw how a couple injuries can obliterate depth.

The best thing about Chatman coming in was his versatility. If Wagner commits, I think that means one of two things:

1. The staff is confident in LeVert returning.
  2. The staff is confident that an offseason regime can get Chatman to the level he needs to be to play the 2.

Im seeing lots of Iowa comparisons in this thread. Is that really who we want to be? When has Iowa done anything?

One player has been compared to both White and Uthoff. I think every team in this conference would gladly take White. Uthoff is no slouch, either.

Maybe I was too harsh on Max's chances for coming back... https://twitter.com/ByAZuniga/status/574326785833320450

If max is coming back, this really makes adding Wagner even more perplexing