Michigan Players in the NBA

Jeez. Not a good look. Read somewhere that he would have some difficulty making OKC’s roster with the Thunder trading for Joffrey Lauvergne… this can’t help.

Still think if Mitch is healthy he could at worst be. Nice big off the bench. I like weed too and there nothing wrong with it but unfortunately for him the league doesn’t allow it. He needs to grow up a bit and take this more seriously. I bet it helps his pain and I’d Advocate the weed over pills but it is what it is. He isn’t important enough to keep getting these chances.

I wish someone could reach him and help him reach his potential. Is Ricky Williams free? That said in a Suns fan. For the last few years I’ve been praying we trade some crap for him. Hell I bet a second round pick could get him now.

1 Like

Guy clearly can’t get out of his own way. Really too bad b/c I think if he could, a lot of teams would probably value him as a solid backup and great ‘team’ guy.

My guess is that if he can give teams the impression that (at least for now) he gets it, that someone will take a flier on him and deal OKC a second round pick to give Mitch a preseason tryout. Getting out of OKC probably still best for his career, and his [potential output] / [potential price] ratio just got more intriguing to those willing to take a cheap contrarian bet.

In case anyone was curious (b/c I was), earnings to date: 2.863M, and will lose 15/82nds of his 1.526M (or 280K!) from the suspension.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-thunder-forward-mitch-mcgary-earns-second-141647313.html

“McGary could be released and claimed on waivers – or become an unrestricted free agent and sign elsewhere. For now, McGary’s career is in peril because of his inability to maintain a lifestyle that’ll allow him to play in the NBA. McGary left the Thunder for the final few weeks of the season for what the franchise termed “personal reasons.” McGary essentially left the team on his own, league sources said.”

Not good at all.

Phoenix needs to grab him. Honestly I think he could be a nice piece for a few teams trying to make runs

Glenn Robinson III has had a nice couple of games to start preseason, averaging 11.5 pts, 4 reb, 1.5 ast, and 1 stl on 73% shooting overall and 80% from three. I hope he finds a way to get into the rotation there. Through two games he’s doing by far the best of all our recent NBA players ¯\(ツ)

1 Like

Robinson got promoted to the starting lineup (I think due to an injury) and did very well, with a line of 17 points, 6 rebounds, and an assist on 7/14 shooting and 2/4 from three. He played the most minutes out of anyone on the team. If he keeps this up I’ll be shocked if he isn’t solidly in the 10 man rotation to start the regular season which is awesome given how his career looked to be going after the first couple years.

2 Likes

Nice article about GR3:
http://www.nwitimes.com/sports/basketball/professional/pacers/glenn-robinson-iii-has-earned-pacers-respect/article_4964976c-cdda-5c54-90e2-2fea9c8ae844.html

Would love to see him crack the rotation and play regularly.

SKnight

1 Like

Budenholzer not concerned by Hardaway’s early shooting woes

Well, I think the problem is, once you get caught and get into the offender program, then if you have a habitual problem, it’s easy to become a repeat offender.

1 Like

Stauskas struggling to make the roster

Anyone else hoping he’s cut (as much as it hurts to say that) and SVG picks him up to play the Hedo/Lewis role as wing shooter in his offense?

3 Likes

They would have to release a player under contract. He’s also not talented enough to crack the playing roster.

Reggie/Ish
KCP/Bullock
Morris/Johnson
Harris/Leuer/Ellenson
Drummond/Baynes/Boban

Then you have 3 other contracts with Gbinje/Hilliard and one of Brown/McCallum

I like Stauskas but he hasn’t shown the ability to hit the NBA 3 yet.

Stauskas failing at the NBA level is the one that hurts the most to me. Imagine having that guy for 4 years in college. He would have had a Redick-like legacy. I don’t blame him at all for leaving, his draft status was as high as it could possibly be. Really thought he had the skill to succeed as a secondary playmaker/floor spacer in the league. I’m still holding out hope for a new situation for him

1 Like

I’ve always been supportive of players going when the going was good. But you have to wonder how many players like Stauskas may look back–not having really made such an impact at either level–and second guess.

1 Like