Michigan Players in the NBA

Maybe I missed something but GRIII doesn't even appear in the Indiana box score.

Looks like GR3 is battling a shoulder injury https://twitter.com/GRIII/status/659772450322841600

Mitch McGary got his first action of the year in a blowout tonight. Seems to be the fifth big in Donovanā€™s rotation.

Donovan holding a grudge for what happened in the Elite 8 :wink:

But in all seriousness, unfortunate for Mitch. I donā€™t know how much playing time heā€™ll get this year. Those in front of him are not exactly terrible players. And if Mitch is your fifth big, that might be a position of strength to trade from if youā€™re OKC

Think Stauskas is in starting line-up tonite against Cavs.

1 Like

Yep. Excited to check him out.

Stauskas got switched onto LeBron (his favorite player) and got schooled early, but bounced back with a nice driving finish early on.

Difficult for him to ever be effective in the League with his inability to finish at this level. His ball dominant tendencies in college don't translate here. Especially with that career shooting %. Ouch.

Good points. Trey would have been better suited in the 90s NBA or 2000s when the game emphasized a lot of one-on-one isolation. Now, the league is moving more towards spreading the floor with shooters, pick and roll, etc.

Nik Stauskas starting to find his groove with the Sixers. Playing pretty well tonight.

Glenn Robinson also got his first run of the season, scoring 10 points in 19 minutes.

Nik Stauskas starting to find his groove with the Sixers. Playing pretty well tonight.

Nik ended up squeezing off 14 attempts from beyond the arc last night! He made 3.

Sort of baffling to me how a guy who was such money from outside misses so many shots at the next level. Competition, I guess. Maybe nerves? Is the defense getting better in the NBA?

Well for one, the three-point line is deeper. And yes, the defenses are far better in the NBA. His percentages werenā€™t great, but I liked how involved in the offense he was.

Sort of baffling to me how a guy who was such money from outside misses so many shots at the next level. Competition, I guess. Maybe nerves? Is the defense getting better in the NBA?
Only his second game back from injury. May not have his legs yet and not used to playing big minutes. I do like that he had 6 assists.

Nik also started out pretty good but missed a bunch of shots late, which might support the legs idea and might also suggest that they were worse shots - I didnā€™t watch so not sure.

Talk about an ugly stat for Trey Burkeā€¦

Not sure what these mean Utah Jazz % of shots off 0 dribbles - 30th NBA % off 1 dribble - #2 in NBA % off 2 driblles - #1 in NBA

ā€” David Locke (@Lockedonsports) November 5, 2015
Talk about an ugly stat for Trey Burke...

Not sure what these mean Utah Jazz % of shots off 0 dribbles - 30th NBA % off 1 dribble - #2 in NBA % off 2 driblles - #1 in NBA

Is he just unwilling to adapt? Or is it just that he doesnā€™t have the game to adapt?

Is that a Burke stat or a Jazz stat? Considering Burke is no longer the primary ball handler, Iā€™m not sure you can peg it all on him.

Talk about an ugly stat for Trey Burke...

Trey has been playing about half the game, so a Utah stat may or may not say anything about an individual player. I'm not even sure of the meaning of this stat.

Fairā€¦ I guess my point was that they donā€™t have an assist guy. If you are taking the fewest catch and shoot jumpers it means that there isnā€™t someone creating wide open shots for others. Always figured Burke could probably play that role, but for whatever reason he hasnā€™t been able to.

Fair... I guess my point was that they don't have an assist guy. If you are taking the fewest catch and shoot jumpers it means that there isn't someone creating wide open shots for others. Always figured Burke could probably play that role, but for whatever reason he hasn't been able to.
Yes. Trey has been more of a scoring PG in the NBA(scoring per minute played has to be pretty good so far this season), but his shooting was pretty bad last season; much better this season. If he is consistently a threat to score, it might open up passing lanes for him. So maybe his assist numbers go up. Also, I don't think that Utah is blessed with top notch catch and shoot guys like a Kyle Korver or a Ray Allen.