Michigan Players in the NBA

Nice game for Nik over the weekend… 17 points in a win.

3 Likes

Pacers bumped GRIII down to the D-League.

He also bought his mom a Mercedes.

Update on Mitch trying to find a role

https://t.co/n82EWOYmya

Tim bouncing back in Atlanta

Jeff Seidel on Nik Stauskas

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4-mobile/ytof.mp4

2 Likes

Good week for Timmy - averaged 10ppg in the last 4 games.

1 Like

Not surprising, hopefully he lands in a good spot.

1 Like

dont really follow NBA too much so can someone tell me how each player is doing and if they have a chance to start

Trey going to the Wizards. Hope he can earn some time there.

Interesting that they traded him for practically nothing. I’d think a 23 year old double digit scorer with a 41/34/82 shooting split would get something more than a 2021 second round pick in return.

1 Like

Agreed. Is Burke significantly inferior to Tyler Johnson who got a ridiculous contract from the Nets? I can’t place there being a large gap, but maybe that is a bit of homerism

A question for theguys around here that watch NBA: Why is Trey’s value so low? Is his defense horrible? His offensive stats don’t seem that bad for a backup guard…but I don’t know…

Or was this just a very good deal for the Wizards?

Hes basically a shoot-first scoring point that just hasn’t been as effective as he needs to be to warrant significant minutes. That being said he got little to no chance in Utah. He had a slow start his rookie year but really picked it up the second half of the season and showed promise. Then they inexplicably drafted Dante Exum who plays the same position and probably has higher upside. By the end of last year he was behind Shelvin Mack and Raul Neto in the rotation. I’m excited about his chance in Washington, I think he can be a solid if not spectacular back up point in the right situation.

1 Like

He’s still probably being looked over because of his wildly inefficient first 2 years. Shot something like 36% between the 2 seasons. Also has to get that assist rate way up to be a true PG.

1 Like

The hardest thing for him is that he is an inconsistent shooter from NBA 3. If was shooting in the high 30s or low 40s, it would be a completely different story. On top of that, his FG% around the rim isn’t off the charts either.

Hopefully, he can find a niche as being a JJ Barea/Vinne Johnson type guard. If he finds the right team that is willing to work with him and he is able to increase his 3pt % he could be in the league for 8-12 years.

Here is something crazy to think about. His career shooting stats aren’t that off from Ricky Rubio. Not exactly someone you want to compare in regarding to shooting. Rubio is the worst shooter in NBA history and Trey isn’t far behind. Difference is, Rubio is a better passer, better defender, and 6’4".

Trey - 38.4% FG, 32.9% 3FG
Rubio - 36.8% FG, 31.8% 3FG

Trey was named rookie of the month twice in the second half of his first season. In April his rookie year he averaged 16 and 9 and really showed potential. He was pretty awful for the majority of the last two years but was relegated to an off the bench role and then phased out of the rotation completely.

In general I think you have to give your rookies a 2-3 year window to truly see what they can do and Trey got maybe 2 more like 1.5 in Utah. Hopefully the fresh start is exactly what he needs.

As a big NBA fan it was really sad this past year to see Nik being the only guy of the five getting any minutes, and those being on one of the worst teams in NBA history. Caris might be in the best situation of them all, which is absolutely crazy.

3 Likes