Michigan FOOTBALL Moving Forward

Thanks for actually giving me a projected two-deep.

1 Like

I gave you a two deep at interior DL

I think most would agree that Tufele or Soloman would be more likely to contribute as year 1 freshmen than Becton. Moving on.

I think most would agree that Becton is more important to our recruiting board than Solomon or Tufele. Now we can move on.

Would be great to get one of Solomon/Tuefele/Gay. It sure seems like playing as Don Brown’s Viper should be an easy sell to a kid who isn’t out of the deep south. Becton seems like a certain add, unless that Jackson kid or some other OT that we haven’t heard of pops up. After that, I’ll be curious to see what impressive, late add Harbaugh comes up with A la Asiasi.

I don’t think most would agree on that.

My apologies, you are correct on that. DT is extremely thin as well. Becton>Gay on the recruiting board. Again, my bad on that.

Yeah, one thing with Harbaugh is the ability to attract elite kids late in the process. Its so nice to have that in contrast with other M programs.

1 Like

Would’ve been so disappointed if you hadn’t picked that low hanging fruit :joy:

1 Like

I hope I’m not giving off the vibe that Gay isn’t a great talent, because that isn’t the case. But when you already have Jordan Anthony and Drew Singleton in the class, its just not as important when the OL depth is what it is.

I don’t think most would agree that they would rather have Becton than Gay in this class, either.

Just have to disagree here. Becton, or any other OT is absolutely paramount to this class.

Do you think Najee Harris was more critical to this class in relation to Filiaga?

Prioritizing a total dart-throw of a recruit that plays the position with the most volatile recruit-to-college-player results over a natural fit in the most important position to our defensive scheme just seems like a strange method. Especially when that perfect Viper is on the cusp of 5 stardom

We already have a decent size OLine class. I would agree that an OLineman like Filiaga that could play day 1 would be the most needed get. Becton is not that guy, though. Through all the reports I’ve read, there is very little chance he is a day 1 contributor. Massive size and potential but he needs work at the next level.

1 Like

Keep in mind that Herbert is likely outta here eventually.

Isaiah Wilson and DPJ are the only recruits I would’ve prioritized over Najee.

Filiaga isn’t likely to play day 1. In fact, he was one of the biggest disappointments at the AA game according to most reports. So, as BB mentions before, OL projection is basically a crapshoot…but we need bodies bad.

What reports?

And I’ll eat my socks if Filiaga redshirts.

So do you think most people would rather have Becton than Gay?